Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i am celebrating :)
i am finally starting to feel better(still coughing but it is loosening up)
the boy is no longer :sick: THANK goodness.
last night of dougs weekend:( but we
are finally GOING OUT(i'm doing my nails and everything) ----Yes i have been couped up in the house far to long-hehe
and have decided that i'm not having moussaka tonight. Love it but think i should try something different--this is were i wished i lived in a bigger city again---more chocies--here yes we do have 3(maybe 4) greek restarunts--but they basically all serve the same things.

here's hoping for a good night---;)

Last edited:
Heck Babyhuggies,
it doesn't matter what you eat, you are getting OUT, the little one is better and so are you..Enjoy your evening...fingernails and all:LOL:

kadesma:)

Well we've now got a new addition to the family........."Its a Boy"......the kind with 4 legs though...:LOL: . We had talked about going to the animal shelter and something told me to check out this site Petfinder.com: Adopt a pet and help an animal shelter rescue a puppy or kitten. and I clicked on the classified section and then into the adopt a pet section and lo and behold one post caught my eye and I contact the owner and we now have a beautiful little guy. His name is Max and he'll be 4 months old on the 23rd and he's a full blooded Boston Terrier. He's only been with us for 6 hours now and he's already captured my heart.

Attachments

• 2-3 months.jpg
    2-3 months.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 75
What a cutie Max is!! Congratulations Sizz!! So has Trinket been nice to him?? I hope so!!:)

Thanks everyone! He's keeping me on my toes this morning working with the whole potty training and all.

Urm......Trinket is avoiding him at all cost. It'll take her a while to warm up to him or should I say get to the point of tolerating him :) ....they'll be fine though. Its just she's been the queen for almost 5 years so it's an adjustment for her. She just now jumped down from the bed and Max is curled up on his blanket so it'll be interesting to see what happens if he wakes up when she walks by.

Lol, sounds like a typical feline reaction to anything hyper!:LOL: I am sure she will be okay too... she looks like a laid back sort and, as soon as she figures out here is little someone to boss around for the queen... things will begin to fall into places eheheh!! Hugs to both of them!!:)

LOL! Hale to the queen.

Oh I forgot to mention......Max and new carpet in one hand.....New York City in the other hand........Max and the carpet won out so no trip in March to NY but we do plan on making it there sometime just not sure when now. But all the tips I received are safetly tucked away along with my itenerary I made up.

Oh well Max is well worth it and I just finished my first coat of paint in the new room we're completely remodeling (ripped down to the studs) so I'll be nice to have that room to relax in.... as that'll be our main hang out room (dining/family room)......so we're really excited. So soon it'll be 4 rooms completed in just a smidge over a year and only 6 more to go....LOL!

OK, even though I have strep throat I have a celebratory thing to share.

I was going thru the channels of trying to get into my Dr, and got an appt for 3pm. Not the best time for me because the kids get home around 3:30, but I took it. I thought I'd just check out the local Medicenters to see if I could get seen more quickly. The first one I tried had +1.5 hour wait. No thanks. Then I cruised up to the Mall and lo and behold, not only was there no wait, I got right in...the doctor saw me within about a minute and I left a few moments after that. I bet I wasn't there 10 minutes! And now I have antibiotics and a gargle so I don't feel like I'm swallowing knives anymore!

WOOHOO!!

SizzlininIN said:
Well we've now got a new addition to the family........."Its a Boy"......the kind with 4 legs though...:LOL: . We had talked about going to the animal shelter and something told me to check out this site Petfinder.com: Adopt a pet and help an animal shelter rescue a puppy or kitten. and I clicked on the classified section and then into the adopt a pet section and lo and behold one post caught my eye and I contact the owner and we now have a beautiful little guy. His name is Max and he'll be 4 months old on the 23rd and he's a full blooded Boston Terrier. He's only been with us for 6 hours now and he's already captured my heart.

Sizz, Max is real a cutie! I'm a softie on the orphans.... 6 of my 10 pets were adopted. DH has banned me from the "shelter day" at the pet store. :angel:
But they truly are the best pets... they seem to know how lucky they are.

On the charity thing, I discovered PetSmart has "Recycle for Life." PetSmart Charities I send in old ink cartridges ( they take old cell phones, too) and the money goes to animals instead of the office stores. They have the postage-paid envelopes right at the checkout.

Yey Alix! Great to hear that you are now feeling better!! Now get well soon so you will be feeling better drug-free!!;)

Today is our 22nd anniversary!! We were the one's that noone thought would last. I was 16 and he was 21. Wow, just told my age didn't I? LOL
Lot's of crying and laughing, but, I'm glad I'm still here!!

texasgirl said:
Today is our 22nd anniversary!! We were the one's that noone thought would last. I was 16 and he was 21. Wow, just told my age didn't I? LOL
Happy anniversary TG! :cool:

Good for you both! Congratulations. You have many years ahead. Just think, you'll only be 66 when you celebrate your 50th anniversary. Pretty young.

Buck and I have been together for just over 30 years and are looking forward to at least 30 more. We'll be older than dirt by the time we celebrate our 50th. Maybe we'll have matching rockers.:LOL::LOL:

We are having Savannah's birthday party tomorrow. It's a celebration for us because, 7 years ago this Sunday, we didn't know if she would make it or not.

Happy anniversary TG!!

texasgirl said:
Happy Aniversary, glad you two still have that old MAGIC:)

7.gif

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom