Cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elcameron

Cook
OK Utter nonsense, but If you were cheese what cheese would you be?

I would be something earthy, and a bit stinky.:)

worth the effort?

some pungent blue (bleu?)...hard to get to know but, perhaps, worth the effort.

then again, ya don't wanna keep that around too long!;)

I would be cream cheese. At first glance, boring and bland, but in reality a vital addition to many dishes, both savory and sweet, adding that special zing that only cream cheese can do!

:) Barbara

Mature cheddar from the West of UK.( crumbly but strong and good to have at hand)

I would be a delightful chevre I ate mear Mont St Michel two years ago, but annoyingly can't remember what it was called....not too firm, not too soft, pure and creamy, but with a tang, and although the outside was rolled in carcoal and obviously had seen some darkness, inside it was still a clean, snowy cheese!

lulu said:
I would be a delightful chevre I ate mear Mont St Michel two years ago, but annoyingly can't remember what it was called....not too firm, not too soft, pure and creamy, but with a tang, and although the outside was rolled in carcoal and obviously had seen some darkness, inside it was still a clean, snowy cheese!

Could it have been this?:

Humboldt Fog

Our signature offering, Humboldt Fog is an elegant, soft, surface ripened cheese. The texture is creamy and luscious with a subtle tangy flavor. Each handcrafted wheel features a ribbon of edible vegetable ash along its center and a coating of ash under its exterior to give it a distinctive, cake-like appearance. An American Original!

There are too many to chose from for me to choose a favorite, but probably a blue cheese. For some reason I'm really on a blue cheese streak. Definitely not Limburger or Schmier. I'm a tolerant eater, but whooooeee.

camanbert, or brie... dry and tuff looking on the outside, big softie in the inside.

Half Baked said:
Could it have been this?:

Humboldt Fog
.... An American Original!

No, it was most definitely French, but that sounds excellent, I'd like to try some!:chef:

Hi Lulu, goats cheese rolled in ash is common in France. You can get it here in northern Spain too. If you look up goat's cheese and ash in Google, you'll get lots of hits.

As for which cheese I'd be, could I be greedy and say I'd be the whole cheese board? That way I don't have to choose.

Mozzerela, I`m still flexible even under heat and just as Good-to-go next day:)

EDIT: I often see myself as left-over Pizza :P

Last edited:
call me Jack.

very pale
perfect accompaniament to avocados
blends well with other cheeses
when it needs a spice, it adds hot peppers, as in "pepper jack"
enhances the dish, rather than overtaking it.

it's me!

gorgonzola- tangy, blue-veined, loved by many & to those who don't like gorgonzola, at least you gagged!,ha-ha! & very charasmatic & flavorful! enhances many dishes!

great thread.

Back
Top Bottom