Christmas Songs.....What your favorite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
I love the traditional one like Jingle Bells, Silent Night, etc...... But what I really love are songs like this......

Eagles "Please Come Home For Christmas"

Vince Vance "All I Want For Christmas Is You"

Right now I can't think of any others similar to these......care to jog my memory?

My favorite carols are Joy to the World (not the "Jeremiah was a bullfrog" one) and Gesu Bambino.

Song-wise, I love Diana Krall's "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," and Nat Cole's "The Christmas Song."

-- Wee little still-black Michael Jackson singing "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"

-- most of Nat King Cole's Christmas stuff (unless he's trying to sing in French phonetically, yergh!)

-- ditto for Bing Crosby

-- almost any straight version of "What Child Is This"

-- almost anything sung by The Vienna Boys Choir

Mary's Little Boy Child, O Little Town of Bethlehem, Blue Christmas, An Old Christmas Card, Silver Bells all sung by my favourite singer, Jim Reeves. And last but not least, My First Christmas Without Daddy, a poignant and touching song that brings back memories of my dear late father.

To me the most important part about Christmas is the 'peace on Earth goodwill towards men' part.

It is, as I get older, a bittersweet time. There is the joy and wonder of the day and the memories of times past, but also the saddness of things past.

That being said, I love Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer.

Always gives me a chuckle.

And a very Happy Hannukah and Merry Christmas.

Blue Christmas - as sung by Porky Pig

I also like "I'll Be Home for Christmas"... and "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear"... and "Little Drummer Boy"... and "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas".

But I swear... if I hear "Jingle Bell Rock" one more time I'm goin' postal.

My Favorites are:

Oh Holy Night
What Child is This
We Three Kings
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
I'll Be Home For Christmas
Do You Hear What I Hear
The Little Drummer Boy
White Christmas

Worst song ever? Silent Night, absolutely cannot stand that one.:sick:

White Christmas- Bing Crosby
Winter Wonderland - Doris Day
let it snow, let it snow... - Dean Martin
Driving home for Christmas - Chris rea

to name a few :)

The Best Gift by Barbra Streisand. It always touches me and makes me cry. It came out the year my first child was born. We'd had great difficulty having children and Shawn - born December 5th - was our "best gift." He's 36 now and still one of my cherished Christmas gifts. His birth was certainly evidence of miracles of the season.

Great Choices everyone!!! I found a soulful CD the other day at WalMart and now kick myself for putting it back. I think I'll go see if I can find it tomorrow.

Mary did you know? I heard this song on the radio one day and it touched my heart.

does anyone know if it was The Carpenters that did a version of "Sleigh Ride"?

coz that song rocks too :)

Another Blue Christmas by POrky Pig lover here.
Also love " The 12 pains of Christmas ".
I also like Bruce Springsteen's and Cheech and Chongs Christmas ditties.
I absolutley LOVE " Littel Drummer Boy " done by Bob Segar.I like Trans Siberian Orchestra too.

Silent Night is the gold standard for me. Followed by the 50s version of The Little Drummer Boy (middie, I will have to look for the Seger version cuz I love his music)/

Sizz, I like the Mariah Carey version of "All I Want for Christmas is You"

Also am a sucker for all the Mannheim Steamroller Christmas CDs.

At the moment I am listening to the Charlie Byrd (genius guitarist) Christmas album. The man's exquisite technique just gives me goose bumps.

So does Charlotte Church's Christmas offering.

Somebody at work gave me the new James Taylor Christmas CD - it's pretty nice in a James kind of way.

On a lower note, we also enjoy the Bob River's Twisted Christmas parodies - songs like "Walking Around in Women's Underwear" (Walking Around A Christmas Wonderland); "Didn't I Get This Last Year?" (Do You Hear What I Hear?)

The Carpenters' "Merry Christmas, Darling" is my most meaningful, melancholy song.

"Mary's Boychild" by Bony M gets me joyfully singing and dancing (well, DRIVE-dancing), whenever I hear it.

Lee

Back
Top Bottom