Christmas Tree 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the led peacock BC...there must be a theme with the picture above the fireplace. Really lovely.

Nothing at all wrong with that beautiful tree Andy..it's beautiful.

My little 3 ft. micro fiber tree I ordered for our little computer/tv room has yet to arrive and I'm feeling deprived. I try to remember that many don't put up the Tree until Christmas Eve.

Ok a little late, but here it is. It's apparently tricky to take pictures of LED lights with a phone, but you get the idea.

IMG_20141212_174428853.jpg

Cool! I want one!

Yes, it comes with the lights on it. We added our own ornaments.

We have a Christmas tree bag and will use that to store it in a semi "ready to go" condition.

I just can't bring myself to put up my huge beautiful tree this year so it will stay in the box with the hundreds of ornaments. However, I just ordered a little 3 ft. table top tree with pretty fiber optic lights that we can put here in our little computer/tv room to enjoy. We're always in this room anyway, so this is the place to have it. I'll post a picture later as it's suppose to arrive Dec. 11th with free shipping.

It arrived last night and we love it!

img_1402885_0_b986de91f638f9cafaf1a2d10d00e76a.jpg

Late delivery

UPS was running late, and it was dark. I put a candle on the front porch with the UPS logo under it to make sure we got it!
We got it up, and the light show on the fiber optics is great. The colors change, and we see red, white, blue, green and yellow changing.
Fascinating.
Also Kayelle, creative as usual, found a pretty scarf we picked up in our travels to use as tree skirt.

Nice little tree Kay, and pretty peacock décor, BC. ;):)

I'll get a pic of mine eventually, it's been up for 2 weeks now. :ROFLMAO:

Here's our tree. We picked this beauty up last year and I have to say, I'm now a huge fan of pre-lit trees. Just fluff the branches, add ornaments, and DONE! Plus, our pesky cats don't seem interested in climbing an artificial tree.

And it's just so PURDY!! :D

Attachments

• Tree2.jpg
    Tree2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 196
I have 2 artificial trees, a green one and a white one. I vary the theme from year to year. The only reason I didn't get prelit trees is because I put different color lights on them depending on the theme for the year. Our attic is full of boxes of Christmas decor. I think from now on I will just go with the old fashioned tree and get rid of the rest of the decorations.

Our tree is "pre-lit" by us ;) We just leave the lights on when we put it away. We have always collected ornaments, and I have a few from childhood and gifts from family and friends, so I enjoy opening them and remembering the person or occasion, so my tree is the same every year. I love it :heart:

Attachments

• Christmas tree 2014.jpg
    Christmas tree 2014.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 265
Thought I'd add a little detail.

Attachments

• Christmas tree 2014-ornaments 1.jpg
    Christmas tree 2014-ornaments 1.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 226
  • Christmas tree 2014-ornaments 2.jpg
    Christmas tree 2014-ornaments 2.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 173
  • Christmas tree 2014-ornaments 3.jpg
    Christmas tree 2014-ornaments 3.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 219
  • Christmas tree 2014-ornaments 4.jpg
    Christmas tree 2014-ornaments 4.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 173
GG I absolutely adore the old fashioned ornaments, reminds me of my Nana's tree. I've collected quite a few of the hands painted ones over the years. I love the look of designer trees but the old fashioned ones full of memories are what I love the most.

Thank you, bakechef :) When we first moved to this neighborhood, there was a Christmas store the size of a warehouse nearby. We bought a box or two of the hand-painted glass ornaments every year till they closed. I like the look of the designer trees, too, but not for my house.

Love your ornaments GG! We, too, have a lot of memory ornaments. Some we bought when travelling or celebrating an event, some our kids made, and some were my parents' or grandma's, including the little cardboard house and glass bird with the filament tail, both at the end of this post. This is the tree we have in our family room. This one, and the earlier one I showed that is in our sun room, have all our ornaments. I have a small Alpine tree on our living room window seat, but it only has lights on it.

Attachments

• 2014-12-19 16.46.55.jpg
    2014-12-19 16.46.55.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 2014-12-19 16.48.26.jpg
    2014-12-19 16.48.26.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 2014-12-19 21.33.36.jpg
    2014-12-19 21.33.36.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 178
  • 2014-12-19 16.49.10.jpg
    2014-12-19 16.49.10.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 181
  • 2014-12-19 21.34.44.jpg
    2014-12-19 21.34.44.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 157
Our tree is "pre-lit" by us ;) We just leave the lights on when we put it away. We have always collected ornaments, and I have a few from childhood and gifts from family and friends, so I enjoy opening them and remembering the person or occasion, so my tree is the same every year. I love it :heart:
And so you should! It's gorgeous! Lots of my decorations are also gifts from family and friends. There's nothing better than decades of memories hanging from the tree. :D

Some we bought when travelling or celebrating an event, some our kids made, and some were my parents' or grandma's, including the little cardboard house and glass bird with the filament tail, both at the end of this post
My parents had some of those little glass ornamental birds... I loved playing with their tails!

Your room looks very pretty, CG. I had those birds on my tree when I was a child. As each of her grandchildren were born, my mother passed out the old Christmas ornaments to them. I, who had no children, got none. I'll bet none of my nieces or nephews have those ornaments today.

Back
Top Bottom