Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
His spirits are good and he talks now. He now realizes that life is short and that he almost lost his He is making plans for the future..a good sign.

Dove said:
His spirits are good and he talks now. He now realizes that life is short and that he almost lost his He is making plans for the future..a good sign.

Marge,
just what a mom or wife need to hear, they are making plans..That is wonderful..I'm so happy fo all of you..Continued well being.
hugs,
kadesma

Dear Marge, I am so happy to hear your son John is doing better. Your sure made my day. Our lives are so blessed because your are here to share with us.

Is there a higher cloud than cloud nine for you to be aboard? I'm really glads for you.

He had a bad night last night..a nurse was half way through giving him a shot when he felt nausaus..I don't know what it was...Then today while moving him the feeding tube messed up somehow and pumped out instead of pumping in (yuk) and all that came up he was laying in..also part of his food tray was spilled on his bed. When Kev walked in John said " How was your day Kevin!" Kev said he knew John was irretated.. (since he never calls him by his full name.).with good reason.Also during the night his oxegin mask came off and his level went down to 70. He swears that if a family member (Kev and Sandie) wasn't there 24/7 he wouldn't be here today.

Lets hope for a better night.
Love
marge

Lets hope for a better night.

Dove thank you VERY much for keeping us up to date. Does John have a nurse call button? It is a very very sad thing when in a hospital, such things could happen. I can fully understand your emotions, as these things have also happened to my mother many years ago. What in HECK is wrong with those nurses?!?! Is it possible to transfer him to a better hospital?
Im still praying hard. My heart is with John, you and your family.
Love,
Paul

Marge,
wishing John a peacful, restful night..But you know, to me, when a patient starts to complain, and John should have, it's a sign he is more aware of things around him and himself, and he is improving..All of you rest, there is always someone watching over you.

hugs,
kadesma

Another night with a little sleep. this time it sounded like the nurses were having a party...Sandie had to ask them a couple of times to hold it down. John did talk to the head nurse today about several things.

Wed. they do another Bone Marrow test to see where they are as far as the cancer goes. If things look OK then John, Sandie and Kevin will go to San Francisco to Stanford U. for a week to do a Bone marrow transplant. S. F. is about 2 hours from here.

Marge

Dearest Marge,

What you have just posted is testament to John's strength. It is so much more positive than a few days ago and certainly better than a week ago.

Keep strong and know that there are hundreds of us praying for you and your whole family.

Be well.

Katie E

So glad to hear this news about the transplant - the best news yet. Sorry to hear about the nurses, though. This is unacceptable behaviour, especially on a ward where patients are weak.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts, as always.

Dear Marge,

As others have said, I'm glad you are keeping us updated. I'm glad for the good news. I'm sorry John is having to go through some unnecessary rough times (those nurses need to start putting their patients' needs first). We are continuing to pray.

:) Barbara

They were having a PARTY?!?! :mad: Thats not right. They should keep it to their break room. When is John going to be transported?
Thanks again for keeping us up to date Marge. :)

csalt said:
Is there a higher cloud than cloud nine for you to be aboard? I'm really glads for you.

"our clouds go to eleven"... :punk:

well, hang in there marge. you've been through tough times before, and you've got your families, your own - and us here, for support.

better days are ahead, i'm sure of it.

buckytom said:
"our clouds go to eleven"... :punk:show off!!:)

I don't have enough right words so accept my empathy and thoughts instead for you and all your family.:)

This is Saturday...sometime during the night Thursday he had to have more attention..his heart rate (pulse I think is what they mean) was up to 150 and his breathing was very labored. So back on the oxygen mask that covered his face and held together in the back by Velcro straps. Later during the day Friday they put him back on a different mask and he was at 106 heart rate and 96 oxygen.

My grandson called today and said he was doing better..Kevin is helping the other grandson move back home but will call me later with a better report.

Both sons are worried about me visiting John..the floor is slippery and the nurses drop things ..like the caps off of the different things they use for his Iv's. They said " all we need is for you to fall again and break your hip like you did in Dad's Hospital room" another thing is John sees the stress in my face and it stresses him...They are so protective that sometimes I want to send both of them to my woodshed..;)

Love y'all

Back
Top Bottom