Crikey!! What a day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brooksy

Sous Chef
G'Day all,

Just dropped in for a bit of a whinge & groan.

1. Weedwacker threw in the towel. Had to strip the carby, working again.

2. Feel really old. Our youngest's 21st Birthday today. (lucky last)

3. 26th Wedding Anniversary.

4. We're out of BBQ gas.

5. It's so hot I've melted 3 times but revived with cold beer.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just logged on to find a Rainee recipe then off to get the gas.

Have a great day all. Just getting dark here now (thank goodness) :LOL:

Happy Birthday to your youngest! And Happy Anniversary!!
Hopefully the rest of your evening went better, at least you had some beer :eek:)

Last edited:
Poor Brooksy! Sounds like a good day to whine a bit. Nothing that a couple cold beer won't fix though. Hope you feel better.

brooksy, there's no better feeling than tearing open a carburetor, then actually getting all of those bearings and springs to go back to where they popped out, and then slapping it back together and getting the engine to run. in my experience, these things are often mutually exclusive. :cool:

you deserve a cold one mate. just save one for me....

Here's hoping that today will be better!!!

Buckytom!!!
Does this mean you're going to
be joining us again? HOPE SO!!!!

Brooksy.............
img_188560_0_baef052f8646989f38582c88e2d5b66f.gif

If it makes you feel any better, my youngest is 36 so i I am WAY older than you. (I did have her when I was 13,lol. If you believe that, I have a volacano you can buy, cheap). Happy anniversary, mate.

Good news

He made it to 26!!! Hoping you have many more. A 21 year old will keep you together. You have to in order to keep her on the straight and narrow. Different world out there. Wishing you all the best.

Thanks guys.

Yes, the evening got better with more beer. :LOL:

Bucky!!! Great to hear from you matey!! The carby on the Stihl is really simple, and as you know, it's the simple things that cause the major problems. With hands like mine & looking through 'amber eyes', the tiny spring did cause some heartache refitting it. :wacko:

Thanks for the hug Wasabi, feel much better now. I'd love a volcano, I'll have to check it out. :LOL: Still can't work out how a 21 year old can have a 36 year old young'un. Must be something to do with feminine mathematics.

ITK - it was too hot here for fried rice.....:ROFLMAO:

BBQ was a failure, while I was mucking about & heading down to get the gas, youngest went down & picked up heaps of pizzas.:LOL: Saved me from cooking, but didn't taste as good.

Elfy's Macaroni salad was a hit even without the BBQ.

Well Brooksy, looks like you had a pretty good day after all :LOL: Sides a whine now and then does us all good :LOL: Hang in there, my oldest is 42 and my baby is 33, and there are 5-1/2 grandkids running all over the place...Just be glad it's only a 21 year old :ROFLMAO:
kadesma

kadesma said:
Well Brooksy, looks like you had a pretty good day after all :LOL: Sides a whine now and then does us all good :LOL: Hang in there, my oldest is 42 and my baby is 33, and there are 5-1/2 grandkids running all over the place...Just be glad it's only a 21 year old :ROFLMAO:
kadesma

Thanks Kadesma, but commercial pizzas don't taste as good as mine.:chef::LOL:

I don't normally whinge, I guess the frustration just got the best of me, so while I was logged on looking for one of Rainee's sauce recipes (I'd forgot to C&P it), the 'safety valve' blew. :LOL:

If I was still in the service I guess I would have been fined for a self inflicted injury (blown safety v/v). :LOL:

Today is going to be a beauty, very hot, but Ive planned it quite well. All I have to do is get off this thing and get into it.

Nearly lunchtime here now & I'm supposed to be 20 miles away.:doh:

Hey Brooksy! Hope you have a much better day tomorrow! can't help but notice "Hunter Valley, Land of Oz"... Kansas?

shannon in KS said:
Hey Brooksy! Hope you have a much better day tomorrow! can't help but notice "Hunter Valley, Land of Oz"... Kansas?
Sorry for my delayed response Shannon.

The Hunter Valley in which I live is in Australia. :LOL:

The Land Downunder.

New South Wales actually.

Maybe one day I'll make it to the US, but your Gov. doesn't like 'crazies' coming over.:ROFLMAO:

Unfortunately I'm as mad as a 2 bob watch.....:wacko::wacko:

Sierra - Thanks for the hugs, feelin' much better. Going flying Wednesday, hope the weather holds.

The club made me Bar Manager, boy, that's like putting Butch Cassidy in charge of the Fort Knox :ROFLMAO: but we are showing a profit.

:bounce:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom