"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #31
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
My afternoon snack was 2 clementines, 70 cal

Dinner was 10 ounces Beef Stroganoff, homemade with about 300 calories (I had spinach and carrots shredded in)

PM snack 2 more clementines, 70 calories

Today's total: 1140, I will have a half cup of hot chocolate made with dark chocolate equaling about 60 calories...using half milk and half water. approximately 1200 Kcal.

I have had 6-20 ounce bottles of water...I used the same bottle all day, just refilling with filtered water. Tomorrow is weigh in for our Biggest Loser contest at work.
Good luck

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:58 AM   #32
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I find that counting calories is the easiest way to lose weight quick. Counting calories is the least restrictive, you can eat anything as long as it falls within the day's calorie count. Of course this can turn into an unhealthy diet if you aren't eating the right foods. But as you can see PF is eating "normal" foods like chili and beef stroganoff and those fit into the plan.

That's how I managed to lose weight. Now I can just eyeball serving sizes without weighing. Yeah, sometimes I do weigh foods just to make sure that I'm still on track.

I find when counting calories that I eat healthier foods, because I want to get as much bang for the buck calorie-wise. Like PF's clementines, 4 in a day equals 140 calories, where you could have just a tiny bit of chocolate for the same calories, but with calorie counting, if you really wanted the chocolate instead, you could have it without worry.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #33
Master Chef

So far I've got 815 calories for the day. I've been really busy. Daniel is going to school for the fisrt time tomorrow. Had to register him and ......

Breakfast
2 coffees no sugar just milk

Lunch
2 hard boiled eggs, an apple and a sugar free Redbull.

Dinner
Tuna Pasta Bake and mixed veggies
A cup of tea with one sugar and milk.

Still don't have enough calories for the day. Will think of something to snack on and post later.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #34
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
I find that counting calories is the easiest way to lose weight quick. Counting calories is the least restrictive, you can eat anything as long as it falls within the day's calorie count. Of course this can turn into an unhealthy diet if you aren't eating the right foods. But as you can see PF is eating "normal" foods like chili and beef stroganoff and those fit into the plan.

That's how I managed to lose weight. Now I can just eyeball serving sizes without weighing. Yeah, sometimes I do weigh foods just to make sure that I'm still on track.

I find when counting calories that I eat healthier foods, because I want to get as much bang for the buck calorie-wise. Like PF's clementines, 4 in a day equals 140 calories, where you could have just a tiny bit of chocolate for the same calories, but with calorie counting, if you really wanted the chocolate instead, you could have it without worry.
I figured it out today. Was a bit too tired last night. It's easy to do the calorie counting but not so easy to eat enough when eating healthy.
I don't really need to lose weight but I would like a 3 kg loss to fit into my old clothes. I simply can't afford to replace my whole wardrobe
I don't really eat breakfast so I lose calories there. Maybe I'll just add some more protein.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #35
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Breakfast: coffee, 4 oz cran-pom juice (no sugar added), 1-4 inch whole wheat pancake with 1 tsp butter and 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 egg, fried with a spritz of grapeseed oil. 300 Calories

Taking 2 clementines to work. 70 calories
Taking a serving of the stroganoff to work for lunch: 300 calories

I have rice crackers and hummus at work for my afternoon snack. will see how much of that I can have.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #36
Master Chef

Oh Yum! I love hummus. Must make a point to get some.

I just had a slice of granary bread with watermelon preserve and cheese and butter.
Now I'm on 1102 calories for the day. Maybe I'll have cold cocoa before bed. Much better than yesterday, the milk should put me over 1200.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Oh Yum! I love hummus. Must make a point to get some.

I just had a slice of granary bread with watermelon preserve and cheese and butter.
Now I'm on 1102 calories for the day. Maybe I'll have cold cocoa before bed. Much better than yesterday, the milk should put me over 1200.
I'm surprised you don't make your own. It's easy if you have a food processor.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #38
Sous Chef

I had a salad, thinking I would follow with a hot meatloaf sandwich with gravy. Too bad bf ate the last of the meatloaf!! Oh well, guess I'll have a healthier turkey sandwich, and having a salad instead of chips or something is a healthy bonus.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #39
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Well...I didn't eat the stroganoff, because they were feeding us lunch at a nurses meeting.

They had salad and apple slices...total 175 calories. My hummus had seen better days, so I got 10 Nutthins Hazelnut rice crackers for 60 calories and 1/2 cup pineapple for another 60 calories.

I should have had 500 calories while at work, I ended up with 265. Plus my 300 at breakfast.

So I stopped for chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy. I kind you not, I could only get down: 1 thigh, no skin 109 calories
1/2 cup mashed potato 119 calories
1/4 c gravy 25 calories
I'm having 2 tangerines for dessert...70 calories.

That means I get a 6 ounce hot chocolate later...150 cal.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #40
Master Chef

I'll come and post after Dinner. Only ate a few sticks of Biltong today. Mad rush with it being the first day of school!

Tags
food