DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You've got me confused Addie.

"In the name of "Freedom" they committed many crimes a lot worse than what laws and rules the British had on the books." I think you mean the British patriots committed the crimes, but it looks like the opposite from this sentence. Which do you mean?

I'm not trying to stir up an argument here, I just mean that every "patriot" to one cause is a "traitor" to the opposite side. You can revere Revere, but you can't call him a patriot and British as the two terms would negate one another. Heeheehee...words are fun aren't they?

Yes they are. I prefer to call them Treasons. They called themselves Patriots before there was any real talks of Freedom. The "Patriots" commintted the crimes against the Tories. Burning their homes, tar and feather, some killings, forced out of their homes in the middle of the winter nights. Samuel Adams was the real Rabble Rouser. He was calling for war at least a year before the Boston Massacre. He was really good at getting a crowd all het up. :angel:

As an American I call them patriots.

They were fighting against the confiscatory and dictatorial rule of king george.

They were fighting for their God given right of religious freedom and self determination.

The loyalists wanted to plant their feet in both camps.

At this point I'll step out of the conversation.

My blood pressure is rising and I want to stay friends.

Last edited:
It left. It seemed a little sad. The whole episode registered 9.7 on the strangeometer.

They like chocolate...and just want to try and do a good job. Just set some limits and offer them trinkets, just no real clothes. It's fun to look down in your favorite spot and see a woven flower garland or an acorn tea cup.

I crocheted a couple of teatowels and left them lying around. They aren't in the drawer, so I'm hopeful our new elves will soon be modest.

@jharris, no one is trying to cast aspersions, or create a drama. I don't much give a rip about how the current countries came to be as they are. I'm a student of history and language, and as such I'm interested in the words people use to describe one another. No disrespect of any kind intended, and my apologies if I offended. It was not my intent.

.40 - WOOHOO! This Peruvian stuff is WICKED. Do you think we could try chocolate covering some of these beans and see how they taste? Anyone ever done that?

Chocolate covered coffee beans are great! The beans need to be roasted very dark for that to work. Vienna or French roast would do the trick.

let's do it, right today! can we first try the french chocolate roast?
do you suppose the elves need encouragement to start dressing in our company? aren't they free, unencumbered spirits who would just be dressing to please us? and would it, i mean, please us?
but, who am i to talk elves, our elves, who have remained conspicuously absent whenever i'm around. i'm at a loss to understand why they keep avoiding me. i leave treats for them, but i have no way of knowing if they like my little gifts, or they are only 'cleaning them up' in that compulsive way they have of secreting things from sight....

Last edited:
Spring is in the air, & the weather is turning warmer. Are Daryll & Darryll still around to do some construction? How about a DC infinity pool overlooking the ocean?

infinity pool 2.jpg

my, oh my, how lovely, an aquatic staircase to the sea! might be a bit ambitious, even for innovative craftsmen such as our darylls. what'dya think, .40? but, maybe we could swing a lagoon, with tropical fern and palm trees....?

Last edited:
I always have a plan B.
infinity pool.jpg

I'll bring asparagus wrapped in prosciutto, and a big pitcher of strawberry & white wine Sangria.

Cerise, I like how you think! I'm going to have to pass on the libations as I'm off to work shortly. I'll snag some asparagus though.

I went a little nuts making my casserole for the family so I brought the extra in here. Its long grain and wild rice, hamburger, thickened with a bit of flour, a bit of beef broth, and just a sprinkle of cheddar on top. There are biscuits and steamed veggies to go with. Enjoy all, see you tomorrow.

OH! .40, could you do us some Vienna roast so we can make chocolate covered beans? Thanks so much!

A swimming pool is not a problem. We can scrape off the back parking lot to put one in. Can't bring an ocean to central Texas. But if the Texas hill country will do for background I think we can manage.

Attachments

• texas_hill_country.jpg
    texas_hill_country.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 203
A swimming pool is not a problem. We can scrape off the back parking lot to put one in. Can't bring an ocean to central Texas. But if the Texas hill country will do for background I think we can manage.

Oooooo! Pretty!!!

beautiful, looks a lot like the mountains of virginia.:) hoo, i know we weren't in kansas anymore....(wink)

i hafta be home for a grocery delivery that's coming between 3-5 this afternoon. but i brought a ripe cantaloupe for the party...these cantaloupes i've been buying from relay foods are impossibly sweet and juicy. i've been eating one every other day for weeks, nom,nom,nom.:)

just leave it to .40 & co., and we will soon have the pool of our dreams, dc coffee mates....:)

Cerise, I like how you think! I'm going to have to pass on the libations as I'm off to work shortly. I'll snag some asparagus though.

I went a little nuts making my casserole for the family so I brought the extra in here. Its long grain and wild rice, hamburger, thickened with a bit of flour, a bit of beef broth, and just a sprinkle of cheddar on top. There are biscuits and steamed veggies to go with. Enjoy all, see you tomorrow.

OH! .40, could you do us some Vienna roast so we can make chocolate covered beans? Thanks so much!

There's 1/2 a pound of beans roasted to a nice dark Vienna.

Make up some with:
Milk Chocolate ganache rolled in cocoa powder.
Dark Chocolate
Dark Chocolate sprinkled w sea salt

Morning all! You know you're feeling better when you chow down two slices of peanut butter toast without sharing the crust with the dog, and realize you need MORE! Whew! That was a long run of icky.

I'm going to get started on making these coffee beans. *ties on apron* I've never had milk chocolate ones, but they sound AWESOME. I just happened to have about 1kg of Callebaut milk chocolate in a slab that needs a job. I think I found that job.

Need some tunes...anyone know where that iPod docking station went? I left it on the fridge...wait a second...I KNOW it wasn't on the counter a minute ago. Elves? You here? Want some chocolate? Hey PF, I can feed them right?

Speaking of feeding, has anyone noticed the kitties are a wee bit um, fat? Maybe we need some kind of system that lets us know who's already fed them so we don't overfeed these gluttons.

a feeding schedule won't do a lick of good so long as the kitties are offered a steady stream of special treats, and hopelessly indulged at every turn by one member of our coffee klatch (who will remain nameless for now).:) yesterday, i weighed myself, holding domino in my arms, and he has gained a whopping 9 pounds since leaving the shelter! buttons won't let me weigh her, but it is obvious that she is losing that cute little figure she came here with....

Last edited:
Morning all! You know you're feeling better when you chow down two slices of peanut butter toast without sharing the crust with the dog, and realize you need MORE! Whew! That was a long run of icky.

I'm going to get started on making these coffee beans. *ties on apron* I've never had milk chocolate ones, but they sound AWESOME. I just happened to have about 1kg of Callebaut milk chocolate in a slab that needs a job. I think I found that job.

Need some tunes...anyone know where that iPod docking station went? I left it on the fridge...wait a second...I KNOW it wasn't on the counter a minute ago. Elves? You here? Want some chocolate? Hey PF, I can feed them right?

Speaking of feeding, has anyone noticed the kitties are a wee bit um, fat? Maybe we need some kind of system that lets us know who's already fed them so we don't overfeed these gluttons.

Since I had them during the construction period, I hate to not see them. So I do stop by every night and fill up their bowls. But I noticed that they are getting fatter, so I have cut back on the feed. :angel:

Since I had them during the construction period, I hate to not see them. So I do stop by every night and fill up their bowls. But I noticed that they are getting fatter, so I have cut back on the feed. :angel:

addie, how would you feel about taking buttons and domino for a time again, to your home where they could be maintained on a dietary program for awhile? do you think you would like a go at it? even a few weeks of a controlled diet would make a big difference for our two butterballs. i know it wouldn't be easy....:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom