"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #521
Everymom

Oh so pretty! I'll just watch you guys use it though, I'd be afraid of banging it up!

Old 03-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #522
Everymom

OK, I've probably had a bit too much caffeine today. I'm feeling ever so slightly buzzy.

Might be time to switch to wine...anyone around? Feel like joining me for a glass of wine out on the patio? I brought some bacon wrapped scallops and water chestnuts as appies. I can't eat them all by myself.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #523
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
OK, I've probably had a bit too much caffeine today. I'm feeling ever so slightly buzzy.

Might be time to switch to wine...anyone around? Feel like joining me for a glass of wine out on the patio? I brought some bacon wrapped scallops and water chestnuts as appies. I can't eat them all by myself.
I'm there in a heartbeat. Sounds yummy. Supper won't be ready for at least another 1/2 hour. I'll be dashing back and forth between the patio and my kitchen.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #524
Everymom

Dinner is pulled pork here and it smells heavenly! I'd expected there to be 5 of us for dinner, I'm down to 2. And not sure when the #2 will arrive home! ARGH! I'll just sit here and sip my wine and be patient with all the good smells I guess.

What's for dinner in your world taxlady?
Old 03-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #525
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Dinner is pulled pork here and it smells heavenly! I'd expected there to be 5 of us for dinner, I'm down to 2. And not sure when the #2 will arrive home! ARGH! I'll just sit here and sip my wine and be patient with all the good smells I guess.

What's for dinner in your world taxlady?
We're having pig too.

I'm roasting a pork loin, Danish style and experimenting with mashed root vegis. I might heat up some leftover rice, we're out of potatoes.

Have to confess, I'm not having wine. I'm having akvavit.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #526
Everymom

Akvavit works! Must be pig night. Pork loin sounds good.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #527
Executive Chef

here i am, too, guys! what, does dc coffeehouse turn into alix's pub after 5pm? or rather, alix's bistro, sounds better. looks like happy hour, and i'm ready to get happy and get fed. did i hear something about appys...i bmob of st pauli girl dark, yum...taxy, how d'you like the johan rohde's coffee set? genius-- i'm a bit in love with jr and his design work and paintings. was up all last night researching everything i could find about him online. go ahead, just ask me a question, anything....
Old 03-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #528
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
here i am, too, guys! what, does dc coffeehouse turn into alix's pub after 5pm? or rather, alix's bistro, sounds better. looks like happy hour, and i'm ready to get happy and get fed. did i hear something about appys...i bmob of st pauli girl dark, yum...taxy, how d'you like the johan rohde's coffee set? genius-- i'm a bit in love with jr and his design work and paintings. was up all last night researching everything i could find about him online. go ahead, just ask me a question, anything....

Yup, that coffee set is gorgeous, but I like just about everything from Georg Jensen. He's Danish, you know.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #529
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post

Yup, that coffee set is gorgeous, but I like just about everything from Georg Jensen. He's Danish, you know.

yes, i know.:) his silver designs are exquisite. my favorite, the 'acorn' design, was created by johan though, in 1915. he has a painting i love too, titled 'boys at water's edge. i can get the poster for only $40....

your swedish cake turned out really delicious-looking, taxy. and i Know you were extra generous with the almonds, too--yum, they're so tasty toasted brown like that....
Old 03-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #530
Everymom

Yeesh! One glass of wine...straight to my head. What can I pour you vitauta? Here have a scallop.

Tags
coffee