DC's own coffee klatch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that's how I feel about network television right about now. it is little more than this vast wasteland, worthy of eliot's pathetic and faded footprints....

but, come may 10, sytycd, my favorite summer tv pastime will return, and all will be forgiven and forgotten for one blissful weekly wednesday hour....

Last edited:
Morning all! Just started my days off with a bang! Got the laundry all folded and some other stuff started, tidied a bathroom and the living room. Got my ironing pile ready (ick!) and I'm taking a break before I start vacuuming and scrubbing floors. How does a house get so dirty in 6 days?

I would sure love a house elf or two over at my place to keep things tidy.

Good on you Alix, nice to get heaps of housework out the way :)

Just gotta luv my Cable Company. I get Canadian sports shows, but they black out American ones. I also get news from Germany and England along with the Scandinavian countries. Even Japan. Now I have nothing against these countries, but I haven't a clue of what they are talking about. Nor do I really care. :angel:

early last year, comcast went 'digital' in our area. i lived without tv reception for over four months. i missed television for about a minute. then after a while, i discovered various ways to access tv programs on my pc for free. i had almost decided to give up television permanently, until the summer olympics came along in june. i watched the first days of the olympic games and events from my hospital room. by the time of my discharge, i was hopelessly hooked (as always happens). i quickly bought the required comcast 'box', reinstating my tv and olympic coverage at home.
to be honest, i don't know why i keep my basic tv cable today. i suppose it is because i still watch some 15 hours/week, at a cost of under $15/month, and making the change just doesn't seem worth bothering with.

i do envision my future to be completely tv free one day....:)

Morning all. Just popping in to say hello as I'm up to my eyes in alligators today! I have to bake a birthday cake (boston banana cream), get a haircut, do a small grocery shop (out of fruit and veggies AGAIN!), finish the floors, finish ironing (ick!) and somehow cram dinner in there too. Thankfully, the request was tacos, so that is easy.

No rest for the wicked, I'll see you all tomorrow perhaps if I get all this done today!

Morning all. Just popping in to say hello as I'm up to my eyes in alligators today! I have to bake a birthday cake (boston banana cream), get a haircut, do a small grocery shop (out of fruit and veggies AGAIN!), finish the floors, finish ironing (ick!) and somehow cram dinner in there too. Thankfully, the request was tacos, so that is easy.

No rest for the wicked, I'll see you all tomorrow perhaps if I get all this done today!

perhaps you could snag a few of pf's elves and 'spirit' them away to edmonton with you, alix. it's a Win-Win>>>you rescue the elves from being flushed down into the sewers, and you get the cleaning services and playful companionship of these delightfully impish house elves....:)

oh, well that's alright then.:) does shrek know? the elves, expecting an imminent flood, have taken refuge in one of the library ceiling fans, tucked into makeshift pink terrycloth slings. i'll give them the all-clear....:)

Last edited:
Good on you Alix, nice to get heaps of housework out the way :)

kylie, let me get this straight once and for all--the time zone you live in, in Australia? I promise not to ask again.:) it's like 4 ayem where I am right now. what part of au do you live in? I was going to google your time zone until it occurred to me that there must be many time zones in a continent as vast as Australia...i'm guessing it's sometime in the early evening for you....?

Vit, Kylie is in Adelaide, which is 13.5 hours ahead of us in the eastern time zone. So it's about midnight there now. There are five time zones in Oz.

Vit, Kylie is in Adelaide, which is 13.5 hours ahead of us in the eastern time zone. So it's about midnight there now. There are five time zones in Oz.

thanks, gg. stay for a while, why don't you, if you can, for a nice morning cuppa? we have some marvelous coffee blends here to choose from....:)

hey guys, clear the decks for the Voice live competitions this evening, tuesday AND wednesday! cee lo green will be a special guest tonight, yay! i guess he doesn't want us to forget him for next season...how could we? usher's barely keeping his seat warm for him.:)...run for cover, american idol, you are So Done...word is, plans to lure jennifer lopez back to ai fell through, so it looks like mariah stays while nicki brays...

kookie, kookie, lend me your comb...remember ed byrnes? route 66?

Josiah has model good looks, an ed byrnes kind of appeal, but imo, his voice is nothing out of the ordinary. women love him, and some men....:)

Back
Top Bottom