"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Describe the dream you had last night

I thought it might be interesting to read about what others were dreaming and share my own as well.

Some dreams are fun. Others are disturbing.

I'll start off with the one I had before waking this morning:

In the dream, I was in a city of some sort and was working in an office building doing something on the computer. When I went outside, a tall structure much like a roller coaster at an amusement park had a full size train moving up a steep incline on it.

It was a very long train full of boxcars and lots of heavy equipment on flat-cars. For some reason, the highest part of the tracks broke off and the cars were falling off the edge and crashing to the ground in broken heaps.

Everything, even the train cars themselves were destroyed. There were people climbing between the train cars as they neared the edge, and they were trying to hold the cars back from falling by using brute strength, and failing badly.

One by one, each car tipped over the edge and fell, dragging anyone who was trying to hold it back, over the edge to their death.

I woke while I was running through the office building trying to raise the alarm and have someone stop the train before any more cars went over the edge. My heart was racing like crazy when I woke.

I was discussing train travel here on DC yesterday, so I wonder if this is what made this dream happen for some reason. Dreams sure don't have to have any logic it seems.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
Master Chef

I dreamed that I was walking in the Kalahari in my Night Gown looking for my wedding ring.
I was searching so long that I got lost and it started to get dark. I found a large rock to shelter me from the wind and fell asleep but kept hearing Wolves howling and I was terrified! I woke up in my dream and started walking again, thirsty and hungry. Started getting really weak and my body hurt from sun burn then I woke up with my son crying for me to wipe his nose. Thank goodness, the dream felt like it went on for hours! Never been so happy to wake up in the middle of the night for restless children..lol!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

i dreamt i was eating sushi...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
i dreamt i was eating sushi...
Hahahaha, yer killin me!
Old 07-18-2011, 06:04 PM   #5
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I have told of a few of my strange dreams in other threads in the past, and my strangest dream ever is described in my blog, but I can't remember last night's dreams! I am looking forward to sharing some more of them here.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:23 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

woke up with a start and a sense of unease. don't remember the dream though. probably just as well.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
woke up with a start and a sense of unease. don't remember the dream though. probably just as well.
Sometimes your subconscious can detect things that you are unaware of due to sleeping or just not seeing or hearing them.

I always listen to my "inner-voice" and when I wake like that, I explore the house and even look outside to see if something woke me with it's sound.

As weird as it is, my cat Dinky wakes me if there is something going on. He'll scream at my bedroom door until I wake, then he marches like a little soldier in front of me in the direction of the problem.

I had a dream once that someone was standing over me while I slept and they had a big knife that they were going to stab me with! I woke in literal combat mode, jumped to my feet after rolling to the other side of the bed and frantically looked around the room for the guy! My heart was pounding like a jack-hammer and I'll bet my BP was through the roof!

I hate it when I have that type of dream!
Old 07-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

can dinky reach the knife drawer, and have you changed his food recently?

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
can dinky reach the knife drawer, and have you changed his food recently?
Ha! Dinky knows that the kitchen is off-limits to him except for his food bowl. He's a chubby little guy. He has always had food available, 24/7/365 and he has a flowing water dish. Dinky is very, very spoiled.

Each night at 6:30pm, he gets just enough buttermilk to fill the cup indent in a saucer. God help me if I'm late with his snack! He knows how to read a clock I think. No knives for the kitty! He has some on his feet!
Old 07-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #10
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I have work dreams...nothing like working all night and then waking up to go to work.

I'm just glad I grew out of having nightmares.