Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, did I miss the party of the month or what?!
Thier, you get the brownie points for the one that made me spit out my coffee:

Hey, Sushi...Roy Rogers jammies!!! Good call!!! (But don't you think the fringed holsters and silver pistols are a bit much???)

Alix, good luck with the birthday party! I gave up on those a couple of years ago - now whichever son is having a birthday gets to take a friend or 2 to Disneyland instead.

Crewsk - good luck on selling the car! Didn't you say you were selling it to buy something special? Good luck with the stranger's kids! EEK!

Middie - I wish I was there for you last night - looks like you needed a hand to keep sush from drowning in the jacuzzi - good thing I'd made all that guacamole before I left!

Sushi - first things first: what the heck were you talking about last night? I'm thinking either you were drunk as a skunk, or you've suddenly developed ADHD. Either way, your jammies were cute.
Oh, and as for the avos on the ground, I'm letting some of them fall - they'll help fertilize and feed the root systems in the trees. Also, I brought my dog today - she'll help with cleaning them up - she's an avo dog!

Everyone say hi to Katie the wonderdog.

Thanks jkath! Looks like that something special may have to wait.:rolleyes: We've run into a few things that are more important right now.

Hi Katie! There's a nice big ham bone in the fridge if your mommy says it's OK for you to have.

Katie is sitting up looking pretty for the ham bone (she does all sorts of tricks)

I know the feeling about prioritizing! I hate it when that happens!

and I forgot to answer a question sush asked: Remember, I said Monday would be the big unveiling of the outside patio dining area thingy

Please, folks - I've got all my ducks in a row, but I need to have a good name for this area. Any suggestions?

Also, if anyone wants a dessert, I've still got oodles of Grandma's cookies, some strawberry creams, gingerbread with lemon sauce and a big dish of solid chocolate balls.

She's so cute!!

I hate it too but we really need new windows & we can get most of them & have them installed for what we get for the car. Luckly my dad & a friend of his have a window business.

*running away with dish of chocolate balls*

windows! good investment!
When we bought this house, they'd recently put in double-panes. We had no idea how fantastic that was till the summertime when our neighbors were complaining about the heat and we hadn't even turned on the a/c yet.
(we all have the same house on our street)

We have the old ones with storm windows & some are either missing screens or they're torn. We're having the vinyl tilt windows put in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll have enough to be able to put a garden window in above the kitchen sink. But, if not it's not a big deal, I'll just be happy to have new windows that I can open.

that will be so nice!
I have a neighbor with a garden window - it always looks so nice! speaking of gardens, I need to start going through the planter under my kitchen window - it's time to put in color!
I'm going to plant more tomato plants in pots too. Last year I got some cherry-sized tomato plants at Wal-Mart and they are still producing. They never stopped all year!
I want to find more of those!

I'm kinda busy today getting things starightened up around the house and getting ready for Mother's Day dinner, but as promised...I'm dropping off a Buffet for everyone for Derby Day;

Appetizers: Roasted Bacon wrapped Asparagus, with a Chipotle Sour Cream Dip, and a Spring Mix Salad, with all of the trimmings, and dressings.

Main Courses: Pork Tenderloin stuffed with Carmelized Onions, Spinach and Parmesan with a Lemon Leek Cream Sauce, Good Ol' Fried Chicken, and Broiled Rainbow Trout topped with a Cilantro/Honey Butter.

Sides: Loaded Double Baked Potatoes, Roasted Seasoned Baby Carrots, Garlic Smashed Potatoes, Pasta Primavera.

Desserts: Key Lime Coconut Cheesecake, Kentucky Bourbon Spiked Bread Pudding, White Russian Cake

Plenty of Mint Juleps and Cocktails to enjoy!!!

Dig in...have a blast!!!

I'll check in a little bit to say hi...

heres something to think about crewsk I used to work for Windsor windows in monroe so you may get some of the windows I made LOL ! :ohmy:

Um Erik? You married? ANYTIME you want to cook that stuff I know a Canadian girl who would LOVE to be a taste tester!

Alix said:
Um Erik? You married? ANYTIME you want to cook that stuff I know a Canadian girl who would LOVE to be a taste tester!

No, no...That's all right, Alix. Erik already promised I could be taste tester...Didn't you, Erik??? :) :) :) :flowers: :in_love: :winkiss:

okay, erik.
~luv twists flower between thumb and forefinger and sniffs it before crestfallenly wiping away a tear.~
~mumbles, 'i thought he LOVED me...'~
sniffle, sigh.

on a happier note, i brought 25 rotissere chickens to share. they're delicious. help yourselves!
we need to stock up on bar snacks. sushi ate them all lasrt night. i'm going to order some Wild Bill's beef jerky, Lay's chips, Doritoes, a barrel of hard pretzels, some peanuts, some pistachios, and some Snickers bars. we need salsa and tortilla chips, too.
sush, since i can't have a pool, can i also order a few pounds of macadamias?

I'm kinda busy today getting things starightened up around the house and getting ready for Mother's Day dinner, but as promised...I'm dropping off a Buffet for everyone for Derby Day;

Thank you!!!!!
1.gif
*digging in*

Macadamia nuts?! Luvs we have a 16 pound macadamia nut in the 2nd fridge on the bottom wrapped in paper. A friend sent it to me but Im allergic.

Im on a bender. Wheres the beer? Anyone order the alcohol? :ermm: ............ :shock: OH..... thats my job.:( *going to office*

Back
Top Bottom