"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-14-2005, 08:14 PM   #2351
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
He won't be back until sometime Saturday evening. The big turkey!!

I had TC all natural, no pain meds & Savannah was an emergency c-section. She was breach & her heart rate was dropping fast. After 30 minutes of me yelling & cussing they had to put me to sleep. I embarrased the doctor!

Old 04-14-2005, 08:15 PM   #2352
Hospitality Queen

Zipper Club! lol!

yeah, I've had 2. First son was hard back labor for 26 hours, dilating to only 2. They knocked me out cold and got him out. 2nd was scheduled, but they realized I was allergic to morphine after pumping me full of it!

Old 04-14-2005, 08:19 PM   #2353
Hospitality Queen

okay, that's it - I'm packing up the kids and going to doughnut man.

<<jkath unties new vegas style Rhinstone studded dark pink apron with black satin ribbon edging>>

Be back soon!
Old 04-14-2005, 08:20 PM   #2354
Everymom

Ow. I had 40 hours of hard labour with the first, ended up in an emergency section and swore never to do THAT again. Thankfully my OB was on board with that idea so my second was easy as pie.

Sucks that you are allergic to morphine, I could seriously understand how folks get addicted to that stuff. It was SWEET!
Old 04-14-2005, 08:34 PM   #2355
Master Chef

My first I was only in labor for 9 hours & dilated from 5 to 9 in 15 minutes. With Savannah, my water broke on Tuesday night & they put me in the hospital, got my labor stopped, & told me I would be there in bed for 5 weeks. That Friday morning at 2 I went into labor & they couldn't get it stopped again so at 9 aomething that morning they did the c-section. She was born at 29 weeks & weighed 2lbs 7oz.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:44 PM   #2356
Everymom

YIKES! Mine were big uns. One 9lber and one 8.5lber. That is a teeny little girl you had there! (I only made it to 4 after that 40hours of hard labour!)

Hey, explain to me why they measure dilation in centimeters, but weigh the babies in pounds and ounces? Weird.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:46 PM   #2357
Master Chef

OK, moving away from the horror stories of the zipper club!!

Jkath, I thought of another great side for the steaks!!

I've done this in the microwave as the recipe states & on the grill, it's great both ways! I'm going to post this down in veggies too.

Asparagus with Warm Citrus Dressing

2 pounds fresh asparagus
1/2C. butter
2tsp. grated lime rind
2Tbsp. fresh lime juice

Snap off tough ends of asparagus & remove scales with vegetable peeler if desired.

Place asparagus in 11x7x1 1/2 inch dish & cover tightly with plastic wrap, venting one corner.

Microwave on high 6-7 minutes or until tender-crisp, turning dish half turnafter 3 minutes. Ste aside.

Place butter in 2-cup measuring cup & microwave on high until melted in 30 second intervals. Stir in lime rind & juice. Pour over asparagus & toss to coat. 8 servings.

This is from Southern Living Annual Recipes Cookbook 20th Anniversary Edition.

When I do it on the grill, I just put the asparagus straight on the grill rack & turn it occasionally until it's tender-crisp.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:52 PM   #2358
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
YIKES! Mine were big uns. One 9lber and one 8.5lber. That is a teeny little girl you had there! (I only made it to 4 after that 40hours of hard labour!)

Hey, explain to me why they measure dilation in centimeters, but weigh the babies in pounds and ounces? Weird.
She was tiny & still is! She's 5 & is barely 26lbs. TC was 8lbs 8oz. The doc looked at me like I was crazy for having him naturally after they weighed him. I had 2 great coaches though. My SIL who had already had 2 c-sections(little did she know she'd have 2 more after that ) & the 2nd one was only 2 months before TC was born & hubby who held my hand the entire time.

Yep, that is wierd. I never figured it out either.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:56 PM   #2359
Everymom

I am LOLing crewsk. Savannah sounds like my Madeleine. Mads just turned 9 and has just broken 50lbs. She is so teeny!
Old 04-14-2005, 08:59 PM   #2360
Master Chef

It's a pain to buy jeans for her! If they fit in length they are too big in the waist & it they fit in the waist they are too short! I spend a lot of time taking up the waists of pants & skirts for her. But, I was the same way growing up. All legs & nothing else!