Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good morning! Jkath, I just got your brioche out of the oven and it looks great! I also made a blueberry coffee cake and some iced coffee (it's supposed to be 105 here today!) so everyone help yourselves! :)

105 ???????? whoa. it's going to be 90 here but with the heat index i think they said 98 !!! the water in the pool is still freezing so i'm debating wether to go in or not lol.

A pleasant 78 here today. I'll have some iced coffee though. Question for you. When you say iced coffee do you mean coffee over ice or do you mean a coffee slushie type thing?

When I say iced coffee, I mean a slushy type thing, but I'd take either one.

I'm going through withdrawls right now. Hubby packed up all my cookbooks except 2 last night while I was at church with the kids!! I want them back!!!!:wacko:

This bluberry coffeecake is wonderful PA! Thanks!!

Middie, I'd give anything to go in a pool right now. The 105 is the heat index, not the true temp, but hot is hot!

Alex, I brew a pot of decaf, stick it in the fridge overnight, and then drink it with some milk or fat-free half and half, splenda and some ice. Altho a coffee slushee thing sounds good right now, too!

Crewsk, the last time we moved, Nathan knew not to touch any of the kitchen stuff or cookbooks when he was packing. Those are my babies and he would have been in BIG trouble! You'll get used to it. You'll probably be so busy you won't have tons of time to cook anyway. You can also use it as an excuse for him to take you out to eat (since he was the one who packed the books!).:LOL:

Matt normally dosen't mess with the kitchen stuff but the majority of my cookbooks had found their way to the bedroom next to the bed(I have no clue how they got there:angel: ). I'm deffinantly not cooking much this week but I need to find an ice cream recipe for Thursday. I signed up to bring a churn of ice cream for the last night of VBS. I could kick myself for doing that now! I know there was a thread a while back on here for homemade ice cream so I'll just have to search for that.

Crewsk, here's the recipe you'd give me awhile back. Let me know if you want others and I can post them:

Butter Pecan Ice Cream

1 1/2C chopped pecans
4Tbsp. butter (DO NOT SUBSTITUTE MARGARINE!!)

Cook over medium heat 10-15 minutes, stirring often to keep pecans from burning.

1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 large can evaporated milk
1/2C. sugar
1tsp. vanilla
1/2 gallon whole milk (or less- depending on size of ice cream maker)
4oz. cool whip

Mix together everything except whole milk & cool whip well. Fold in cool whip. Pour into ice cream maker, add whole milk to finish filling. Freeze until firm.

Mix doesn’t have to be cooked or refrigerated before freezing it. If you want to chill it before hand, just be sure to fold in the cool whip right before freezing it. If not, it will loose it's "air" & the ice cream won't be as "fluffy".

Thanks PA! I think my mom is making that one though. I thought about leaving out the butter & pecans & making it peach or strawberry instead. I think that should work fine, what do you think?

Boy crewsk you let a man touch your cookbooks,Yikes I hope you see them again. :ohmy:
Does he like to eat? :huh:
Well come to think of it, what man doesn't like to eat, your safe! :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :mrgreen:
Jkath I need a 66 with a large cup of Diet something! :ermm: Be nice! :wacko:

crewsk said:
Thanks PA! I think my mom is making that one though. I thought about leaving out the butter & pecans & making it peach or strawberry instead. I think that should work fine, what do you think?

Yep, that should work! I wonder what would happen if you used chocolate pudding...

The chocolate pudding is a good idea too! I know we have 5 people signed up to bring ice cream but I haven't looked to see what they're bringing yet. I'll check on that tonight. I may do cookies & cream instead of a fruit. I just can't decide!:ermm:

Maidrite, if you could see him you'd know he loves to eat!:LOL: He's usually only allowed to touch my cookbooks with my permission & when I'm around or tell him to look at a recipe I want to try. But I'll let him get by with it this time.

Maidrite, you picked lucky 66!
The Route 66 Burger, with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles,special sauce and jack cheese, The Route 66 Chocolate Malt with whipped cream, The Route 66 sides: Hand Cut french fries, macaroni salad and potato salad combo and The Route 66 Ice Cream Hot Fudge Sundae. (Your car hop should be right out to get that for ya) ...oh! and a Water (that's as diet as they get!)
Did I ever tell you guys I live a couple blocks from Route 66?

I LOVE THAT SHOW Jkath.
Boy That hit the spot, BOOM GOES THE DYNOMITE!!!!!!
(Maidrite rubbing his tummy) You gals know what comes next :idea: :brows: :w00t2: :king: :hammer: :sick:!
Ya know what I mean ? :LOL:

Sorry about ditching you guys earlier. I forgot I was supposed to drive my MIL to the airport so I had to dash out quickly.

PA and crewsk, when I say Iced Coffee I mean slushy type stuff too. Although I have had the other kind, I am a slushy girl. I love those brain freeze moments on a hot day. (OK, not the pain part!) You know it is really summer then.

Alix, do you know how to get rid of a brain freeze quickly? Just place the bottom of your tounge on the roof of your mouth until the pain goes away. I hate that pain!!

Back
Top Bottom