Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'mornin ladies. happy st. patty's day to ya. i brought a sign for sush to put over the door. anyone have a nail and a hammer?
see, it says "cead mile failte", with a harp and a shamrock.

ok, i'm gonna man the griddle for a bit, the special this morning is a full irish breakfast. gotta write this on the sign board out front.

3 fried eggs (or any style)
white and black pudding
bangers and bacon
baked herb topped whole tomatoes
boxtie
home fries
brown bread, muffins, and your choice of toast
yogurt topped with flax seeds and fresh fruit
tea

good morning bucky. happy st. patty's day to you. forget my eggs and bacon. i want what you're making lol. oooh reminds me i have to call my dad and see when he'll be home. he made me some potato soup again *yummmmmmmm*

i think i remember you've mentioned that soup before. ever post the recipe. i love potato soups.

here's the hammer and nails. so what's that sign say? i'm guessing it's gaelic for "welcome"? or close to? nope buck no recipe :cry: . he makes it and when he does he gives me a bunch of it. i'll see if i can get it from him though.

"cead mile failte" means a hundred thousand welcomes.

tell him that i will get him backstage at the letterman show as a trade for the recipe.

(hammering in nail, widening thumb. ouch!!!!!)
there we go.

hmmm, i could use a breakfast guinness...

lol. i don't know if that will work but i can try. hey my mom loves dave. maybe she'll trade her chili recipe to get backstage lol. she loved it when he would call meg across the street. i think that was when he was in the other stidio though.a hundred thousand welcomes... that's a big arse welcome lol. my dad is half irish half polish but they never spoke gaelic or did any of the st. patty's day things. i feel left out of my heritage lol. well ONE of them anyway.

be right out with your guiness sir.

here's your guiness bucky. think you can take over for me? i have that "domestic" stuff i have to do today. eck. so you have a good one. and kiss the baby for me lol.

thanks middie, gulp. ahhhhhh, nice fresh guinness, just inspected by the rep from st. james' gate.

have a good day, will give ryan a hug for you when i get home.

I'm here--just running late today! Middie I'd be happy to take over for you. Anything inparticular I need to do first? If not, I think I'm going to make a batch of ginger scones.

Bucky--happy St. Patty's Day! I see you've started celebrating already! :LOL:

buckytom said:
i'm back, thanks for the pastrami and swiss on rye their. it was deelish.

there's a segment on letterman tonight called "guess the green puddle". they pick a tourist to guess what a puddle of green goo on 53rd street is made of. tonight was green rice pudding from the "hello deli". i would like some of that please...

BT, I'd guess it was:

a. leftover prop from the Will It Float? segment
b. the CBS Commissary (sp?) Special of the Day
c. If it's on 53rd street (guessing), you don't want to know. Walk around it, or put up yellow police crime scene tape.:LOL:

happy st. pat's pab and mish!!!!

lol mish, i think i saw the cooks from the cbs commisary come out after that segment and scoop it up for the dinner rush...

buckytom said:
happy st. pat's pab and mish!!!!

lol mish, i think i saw the cooks from the cbs commisary come out after that segment and scoop it up for the dinner rush...

Happy Happy to you too, BT.

Now I know why the commisary here has a Green Room.:LOL: :LOL: Send us some for Leno.

*comming back from shopping* Hey nice sign Bucky!!!!! Thanks!!!!!
18.gif
Ok...... they didnt have any green food coloring left. BUUUUUUT........ I went across the street and got a great bulk deal..... on ahhhhhhhh..... GREEN underware. :roll: Specifically 184 pairs. Hey.... they are 100% cotton AND 100% silk!!!!!!! Wait.... that doesnt seem right.
Anyhew, I WAS able to pick up 70 pounds of potatos.... 50 pounds of cabbage and 50 pounds of corned beef!
5.gif

Plus I snagged these 3 foot foam shamrocks that we can pin on our shirts!
FOAMshamsm.jpg

Barbara is making Corned beef and Cabbage tonight, So we will be eating a wee bit of that and maybe some Irish Coffee. :) I see you no green, Heres a little pinch for you. :) Have a Nice Day:)

**quatering heads of cabbage, laying each quarter on foil, sprinkling with salt & pepper, dotting liberaly with butter, wrapping foil around cabbage, sliding in oven**

OK, the cabbage is in the oven. Is there anything else I can do after I clean up my mess?

Back
Top Bottom