Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whos that? Is that one of the contractors?

*Looking around* jkath! What did you buy!?
I wanted a mens lounge and a Japanese garden.
15.gif

*Going into beer garden* Drinking..... drinking..... drinking. Thank God they put in near-beer!
10.gif

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Ok Jkath..... I admit.... I LOVE it! :)

*kicking back in beer garden* *listening to birds..... and breathing fresh air*
was that "beethoven", Buckytom's bird?

whew! Just came out from the new foyer - it's been expanded! Step just to the right of the elevator and you'll see the fabulous new lounge! (cigars not included). I had corinthian leather (must be said a la Ricardo Montalban) upholstered on the wing-back chairs, and brass tacks trimming them. Do you like the band playing? It was hard to find the "rat pack" on such short notice, but I thought they'd bring "manliness". Oh yeah - I had the elevator installed too - otherwise we couldn't feed the fish and they were getting hungry. Hey~ time for the scuba guy to go feed the fish!

Boy, I could use a good place to lounge and be waited on tonight...Tough trip to the dr. today. Anybody up for making me a raspberry slushy with a little "extra"??

Belly up to the bar thier. One raspberry slushie hard coming up. *WHIRRRRR!!! clink...glug glug...swish down the bar to thier*

Wanna talk about that Drs visit?

Hmmm...the dr's visit. Let's just say I've never come out of a mammogram bleeding before. Hope that's not too graphic, but geez. This woman was a sadist.

Thanks thier. I've had one of those weeks too! I am going to make me one of those raspberry slushies too. Want some chips and dip?

Nothing REALLY awful. Just had to get some MORE xrays and meet with a lawyer about my car accident a while ago. That was on top of the usual work (which was unusually busy this week) and Mom's taxi service. So...I am there for the drink and no health food.

What was up for you? *slurp! refilling the slushie glasses*

thier1754 said:
Hmmm...the dr's visit. Let's just say I've never come out of a mammogram bleeding before. Hope that's not too graphic, but geez. This woman was a sadist.

img_95807_0_b26637dbcbaa02f20be4e3bcdb9cac61.gif

img_95807_1_78e3b3f82452cfbb475d5cecd0900f70.jpg

Glub glub...Finished! That hit the spot. What kind of injuries are you dealing with? Are you okay? Who hit you?

What's up with me is just that I have a wedding to play tomorrow morning and after the doc today I'm not feeling very motivated. I'm wanting to lie on soft pillows and recuperate a bit. Sigh.

Funny, Wasabi!! Thanks for the giggle. :LOL: Actually, I think that must have been what my face looked like when I was being x-rayed. She really tore me. Hope the guys aren't reading this and thinking, "Too much information!" Better move on. (I am thinking about writing my doctor and reporting this woman.)

*calling contractors* *making a forest enviroment off the beer garden* *instructing them to make a maze*

This shall be GREAT from Easter egg hunts too ....... stuff!

hey........ HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO........ HELP! Im lost! :-( *surounded in Pine trees* Someone HELP! Im in the new maze! *making dirt hut* *wishing I was hugging stuffed animal* Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-(

BLEEDING???? Ouch!!! I can see why you would not be in the mood to play romantic stuff after that! Pull up a massage chair!

As to the accident, well it was sort of surreal actually. I was at a service station getting a fill, and the pump had clicked off but the attendant was in the booth with someone (paying) so I was feeling antsy and got out of the car in anticipation of paying. Leaning on the door of my car I hear a BANG! I turn my head and see a car spinning toward me. (He had hit a light pole and went out of control) I just have time to process that it is going to hit me and start to jump out of the way. When it hit my car, my car hit my foot and sent me sprawling into a concrete pillar. Nothing broken thank God! Just bruised, and more bruised. Good Ukrainian bones...tough to break. By the grace of God no one was badly injured, and the gas station didn't blow up. My car was totalled (which really makes me mad!) but nothing else happened. We are just exploring what our options are right now. My husband is pretty angry that I was almost killed and wants this guy to pay through the nose. (The guy was completely drunk, doesn't even remember that night.) So...Dr's visits galore, and meetings with lawyers and insurance agents. Sigh.

*refilling glass again!* Want an ice pack for that owie thier? Or maybe a soft fuzzy pillow to hug?

Wow, Alix. You were certainly preserved that day, eh? Amazing. I don't blame your husband for being outraged.

I was hit by a drunk driver about six months ago. He died, his passengers were injured, my car was totalled, but I came out just shaken up with a bruise or two. Really makes you stop and take stock of your life, doesn't it?
Yes, I'd love something fluffy and ice would be nice. :-( :) I've actually got to get to bed so I can get up in the morning, pack up, drive to the hotel and try to sound good for the happy couple.

thier1754 said:
Really makes you stop and take stock of your life, doesn't it?

Yes it certainly does! I am sure there were angels on my feet. I don't see how I got where I ended up otherwise. I am grateful beyond my capacity to express.

thier1754 said:
Yes, I'd love something fluffy and ice would be nice. :-( :) I've actually got to get to bed so I can get up in the morning, pack up, drive to the hotel and try to sound good for the happy couple.

*Handing thier an ice pack and a fluffy pillow* Just curl up in one of these chairs and set the timer for your wake up call. I'll set the coffee maker for 7. G'nite!

Back
Top Bottom