"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-30-2006, 05:31 PM   #31
Senior Cook

My Poor Puppy

The neighbours who stopped by were disgusted with the whole thing and started a petition, nothing really came of it though. Once I have a job we're thinking of getting a lawyer to do something about it. It was ironic, it actually happened about 2-3 days after I lost my job... never rains but it pours... lol
I'm trying to add a couple of pics of the evil dog from hades, let me know if you think he's a deviant. Even my mom in law whos afraid of dogs loves him. She and my mom call him Casanova.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Weasily.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	374.2 KB
ID:	1487   Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000322.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	360.4 KB
ID:	1488  

Old 05-30-2006, 05:33 PM   #32
Senior Cook

Oh and the first one is when we first got him (pulled him out from under a truck, rushed him to a vet and spent 18 hrs straight trying to get grease, food, bugs, and other uglies out of his fur, and trying to find out how he had burned most of the fur off of his chin.) He wouldn't even eat back then, he only weighed 23 lbs, that breed is supposed to be 30 lbs at the very least, now hes around 40 lbs.

Old 05-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Sharp

your dogs really look like no one could get by with anything while they are around. They have a sharp look about them. If they do something I believe they can tell something people can't. They don't have to talk to know how people are they have st rong instinct. I am hoping nothing will happen to either of them. That would be big heartache. Ever try emailing the Dog Whisperer. I am sure he has website and if anyone would be willing to help he would. The world is only too big not enough people who willing to understand why dogs do what they do. Whatever it is I would side with the dogs. People really bother me. In fact, got into fight w/neighbor and he asked if I would side w/dog over a person. without hesitation I said yes. Guess he knows where he stands! They say you live and learn and I have learned to trust my friends w/four legs.
\
Old 05-31-2006, 01:09 AM   #34
Head Chef

YES!!! E=mail Cesar! He will respond! I'd be surprised if he didn't! His show is on National Geographic - what a great idea!
2 in Or
Old 05-31-2006, 06:52 AM   #35
Master Chef

If it's what you want, here is his site. This link should go directly to the submission information.

http://www.dogpsychologycenter.com/dog-whisperer.php
Old 06-02-2006, 02:23 PM   #36
Executive Chef

More than One

I was listening to guy on radio in charge of St ray Rescue. Don't know if you heard the dog he now owns was supposed to be put in w/other dogs to be gassed or whatever. After the guy did the regular operation this dog was sitting there wagging his tail. Didn't affect him at all. He is now owned by this guy in charge of stray rescue. i can imagine how the guy who operated the gas must have felt! Well, anyway they were discussing how to handle loss of pets. They said, if you have more than one they are like family and when the one is put down the other one should be allowed to come in and smell the dog to understand what happened. First time I heard this but makes dog sense to me. Wonder if Caser the Whisperer knows about this? I am sure he handles his dogs like he does his family. Having the dog know why the dog is not around is closure for him. All my dogs are getting there old and two w/diabetes never sure about. They are sisters and often wonder how one will handle the other being gone. Often thought of letting them go together but not sure if would be fair. They also said to be there when the vet gives them the inject ion not to leave them alone. Not easy. Guess it is reality but who likes it?
Old 06-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #37
Senior Cook

That is why could never be a vet... know alot of people who bring in pets when they're old and no fun anymore, then they say their suffering from arthritis or something instead of getting treatment... they have them put down... I say they should be put down when they get old... do unto others kind of thing.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:33 PM   #38
Executive Chef

Trip

Couldn't agree more! Happens all the time! So strange the vet I go to has three other vets in office w/him. My vet always wants to save the dogs, the other vet in the office I had to go to when my regular vet wasn't there advised me the put the dog down. Last time I see him. I have been going to same vet for more than 30 years. Everytime we have to have one put down he lets us stay w/the dog until we feel ready to let them go. No matter how long it takes he allows us time in the room to accept the loss. He also sends sympathy cards. Has just start ed doing that recently. I have always said I truly wish he were my doct or for the understanding and help he gives to my dogs. His son is now going to become vet also. I know he shares the pain when he has to put one down Some people just bring them and leave to let him take care of them. I often wonder how he can tolerate some of the people that come in there. Me included, always asking questions. Like you said some of them are so special Once I brought rabbit that was hit by car but still alive, he took it and put it to sleep. Told me nothing could be done, Didn't charge me anything to take care of it. Just wanted to give it relief. Guess everyone has favorite vet that they feel grateful for. Also thankful you have same concern for dogs as I do. Cats are nice too. We have some of them in our family too.