Double Stuf Oreos Not All They're Stuffed Up to Be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Double Stuf Oreos Not All They're Stuffed Up to Be? | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo!

The Double Stuf Oreos were 1.86 times the size of regular Oreos, while the Mega Oreos were 2.68 times the size of regular Oreos, by the students' measure.

"They were surprised," said Anderson, who documented the classroom experiment on his blog.

A spokeswoman for Nabisco told ABCNews.com the company's Double Stuf Oreos are made to have double the creme filling as the original Oreos.

Busted by a high school class:LOL::ROFLMAO::chef:

I saw that report also. The reporter was more interested in what they were saying rather than listen to the teacher. I wanted the reporter to shut up and let him speak. Too bad. A lousy job of reporting. I was wondering if the kids measured the thickness and width of the cookie also. If the cookie was altered is such a manner, then it would make the crème appear to be more than it actually is. :angel:

I saw that report also. The reporter was more interested in what they were saying rather than listen to the teacher. I wanted the reporter to shut up and let him speak. Too bad. A lousy job of reporting. I was wondering if the kids measured the thickness and width of the cookie also. If the cookie was altered is such a manner, then it would make the crème appear to be more than it actually is. :angel:

I say a chocolate Oreo cookie piece is the same weight no matter what size the cream is.

I would not ever buy them because it bugs me that "Stuf" is misspelled. Kids will grow up thinking "stuf" is correct. Arg!

:wacko: Those "cute" misspellings bug me too. Our paper, The Boston Globe, never capitalizes their headlines for the stories. Only the front page major one get a capital letter for the first word. And then parents want to know why their kids are lousy in English. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom