Downton Abbey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gravy Queen

Head Chef
Chums. Where are you up to with the Downtown Abbey Series? Have you seen all of series 3 yet ?

Series 4 is currently being filmed and is coming out here in the UK in September. They are introducing new characters including a "maverick playboy" american, Cora's brother I think, played by Paul Giamatti.Must say not familiar with him, had to goggle him and doesnt quite look like the playboy type :yum:

He is a great actor, it will be interesting how they make him a "playboy".

Looking forward to the next season!

So where are you up to? Have you all seen series 3 now?

Yes. Remember earlier this year (or the end of last year) I searched out the previous seasons so I could catch up, then watched the latest one showing?
I've seen it up to the crash. Maybe I'll re-watch them all before season 4 is available.

The correction was probably made only to prevent embarrassment for you. Something we do often. When I use the quote button, it includes the post I am responding to. At the end of my post, I use the spell check and if there are errors in the original post, it will highlight them also. So I just correct them along with my own errors. We have a lot of members that are still in the learning stage of the English language. So if I correct their spelling for them, I feel like I am teaching. I don't touch the grammar. I realize that there is a difference between American and the Queen's English when it comes to spelling. So when my spell check highlights 'ou' as in colour as to our color, I leave it alone. And there are countries that teach the Queen's English for spelling also and I leave it alone there. The Philippines teach the American spelling, Indonesia teaches the Queen's spelling. My spellcheck only knows American English. It is not bilingual.

Okay, off my soapbox. Thanks for listening.

We will get the next season starting January 5, 2014. :angel:

Did season 3 end with a birth and a death (the second of each)? If so then I am caught up. I didn't want to say too much in case others aren't there yet.

That's fine thank you , but it wasn't a spelling mistake it was just a play on words .

I know that. And I am not the one that made the correction. When I first saw the name of the show a couple of years back, I kept having to look at it. I wasn't sure if it was a misspelling or not. Then when the show came on I had to listen real close to hear what they were saying. Even though I had been married to an Englishman, I sometime have a bit of difficulty in understanding what is being said of some of the shows that the UK sends us. Having said that I still would rather watch those shows than some of the trash and all the stupid reality shows we put out. Where is Petula Clark when you need her. (And privitely, I call it Downtown Abby when no one is listening.) :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom