Fantasy Football

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Half Baked

Executive Chef
Mr HB's league is having their draft today. Life as I know it will not resume until the day after Superbowl.

I really do enjoy his team, all the trading and planning, it fun. The winner of their superbowl wins a trophy that is held together with duct tape and airplane glue :ROFLMAO: but it sits in the living room, if he wins. There's always a nice little chunk of change that goes with it though.

His group has been together for about 15 years, they have a poker game Saturday night (last night), drink themselves silly then get ready to start the draft at 9am Sunday morning. The members live as far north as Michigan and as far south as Alabama. They gather together once a year for this.

With a fantasy team, I actually enjoy watching all the games to see how our players are doing and work on who to trade off during the next week. :cool:

My guy does fantasy baseball, hockey and football. He gets a lot of enjoyment out of it. His zeal makes me laugh.:LOL: He didn't mention the football draft today...I wonder why..?

I love fantasy football. I play about 6 teams per year. The big one is with a group of high school/college friends that we've been playing together since about 1998. It's a 10 team league and we all put in $200 each with the winner getting $1200, 2nd place $500, and 3rd place $300. I drafted 2nd this year and picked up Larry Johnson, then Ronnie Brown, Willis McGahee, and Reggie Bush with my first four picks. When we first started it was $50 each. Stakes are much higher now.

Exactly IC...I have not idea how much they start off with and something tells me that I don't want to know...lol.

We're on lunch break now until 2:30. I'll tell you who we end up with. :cool:

Half Baked said:
Every team can pick their own draft day............:0

So, as we were lounging on the sofa this afternoon and I was enjoying a wonderful foot massage I mentioned your thread...His draft is next monday evening, haha.

Back
Top Bottom