For Anyone Raising Kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I saw something on a sign tonight that I found very interesting and true. It said:

Every home is a school. What are you teaching?

I really liked that because it drove home the fact that our kids look to us for so much, and they learn a lot from us whether we meant to teach or not.

:)Barbara

I like that.
I'm not really sure why some people need to be reminded of that so much.
Where do they think learning anything begins?

The problem is the ones teaching by bad example don't have a clue. Then when their kids turn out just like them, they wonder how that happened (and of course they don't recognize that they turned out just like them).

:huh:Barbara

I've had a couple of male students whom had severe agression issues in class....and then when you see dad come and pick them up from school and find out the child was misbehaving you can hear the father screaming at the kid all the way to the parking lot! Yet they don't know where they get their behavioral issues...makes me think twice on informing the parent when the child acts up!

That's really cool...my grandson emailed me from Florida yesterdayn to tell me he'd found a job at a nursery, and thanked me for teaching him how to grow plants,

So true. I actually learn by watching B's behavior, behaviors of my own I need to fix. The other day I watched him go plowing by some of his cousins saying, "Beep, beep," as he went. I realized I do that to him sometimes if he is standing in my way and won't move. I guess I need to work on "excuse me, please," myself. lol.

I like that saying.
I always say to my DH when I see a child acting out, where are their parents.
With my son starting middle school this year I'm appalled at some of the language I hear coming out of the kids mouths as their walking by me. You know their learning it at home.

very true barb...children learn what they live

I have that poem framed and hanging on my wall. It was a baby shower gift from my best friend. I actually typed it up once and put it on someones windshield at my son's school about 2 years ago in hopes to make this mom stop and think before she spoke to her kid's they way I heard her speaking to them.

Well said Barb.

I've always felt that my children, and now my Grandchildren looked to me as a role model, whether they realized it or not.

And Its my duty and responsibility to them, to be the very best one that I can be .

Back
Top Bottom