"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #11
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I've spent all night digging out my trebuchet and clearing a warren of snow tunnels through the snow that Chief bombarded me with. Quite nice down here now. Have my ship loaded up with hand formed snowballs about the size of basketballs. Think I'll build Chief an igloo...

Old 12-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #12
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Hmmm...bowling for Canadians...

Old 12-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Hmmm...bowling for Canadians...
You're going to use your snow-bowling balls on Canadians! Won't your local constabulary have something to say about that?

An igloo would be a great addition to my back yard. It'll provide a great place from my grandkids to play when they visit. Bring it on.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #14
Everymom

My crossbow bolts are designed to penetrate snow forts, and then explode in a shower of snow, immediately drenching the poor unfortunate in the vicinity.

Now to dig myself out from under this snowpile! Sheesh, you guys play rough.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
My crossbow bolts are designed to penetrate snow forts, and then explode in a shower of snow, immediately drenching the poor unfortunate in the vicinity.

Now to dig myself out from under this snowpile! Sheesh, you guys play rough.
But think of all the virtual exercise you're getting. I'm going into my virtual, underground bomb shelter now. I've got all the goodies in there. Do you know how hard it was to dig out the hole for my shelter, through the frozen ground? You're making me work so hard.

I think I'll use my engineering skills to design a device that can be dropped from my B32. The device will contain liquid water, and compressed air. When it detonates over the target, the water will be atomized and supercooled at the same time, by the rapidly expanding air, creating man-made virtual snow. So, since water is so much more compact than is snow, I'll be able to load much more into my virtual plane, raining down even more snow on you and PriFi.

Oh, and Prifi, let's see you get me with your "bowling balls" when I'm underground.

Oh how those physics classes have made my life more enjoyable. Muhuwahahahahaha.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Old 12-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #16
Certified Cake Maniac

Nothing you send is making any impact here - as soon as it hits the Fraser Valley any snow is immediately melted into rain.

So, I have modified my rain catcher/snow cone machine to use the water you are drenching me with to make more snowballs to send back. Alix, unfortunately I am testing it out on you first because you are the closest target!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #17
Everymom

HEY!!! PF is closer than I am!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #18
Master Chef

LP, I'll set the projectiles to do their thing closer to the ground, so that the instant snow won't have a chance to melt before it gets ya. Thanks for the update. Heehee. You want me to send flavored water so you can make lemon, or other flavored snow for your snowcones?

And Alix, let's face it, your car needed to be washed anyways. We''re all just trying to help ya.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #19
Certified Cake Maniac

She may be closer, Alix, but I wasn't sure about the border crossings Besides, going over the rockies will have freeze my snowballs together better.

Chief, by lemon, I hope you aren't inferring I will be using yellow snow But flavour would be a nice touch!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #20
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
And Alix, let's face it, your car needed to be washed anyways. We''re all just trying to help ya.

Oh you have no idea how badly it needs a wash! Its a bit scary.