"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
Master Chef

Getting mad at yourself

Do you ever get mad at yourself? What have you done recently that made you want to kick yourself in your own rear end?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #2
Master Chef

My latest was having a friend over, who stayed over. and over ... and ..... well, I don't regret inviting him, but I want to kick myself for not really thinking out the problem. That is to say, I'd been planning a cookout for supper for .. well, over a month. I'd been called to help with my parents, so threw the meat in the freezer. We've been home for a few weeks (feels like a few months, but forget that weddings and funeral movie, we've done the opposite), and finally had the time to throw the (now thawed) steaks on the grill.

You know why I'm mad at myself? They were two huge porterhouses, and could easily feed the three of us with meat leftover. Why didn't it occur to me to just do it? Duh.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
Head Chef

Yes. Making a dozen dishes for a big dinner and forgetting to put one of them out.

Having bought and wrapped Christmas presents and then realizing in May that you forgot to give one of them, you find it hidden in the closet, don't know what it is anymore.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Claire,yes Ive done that many,many times.A lot lately. Yesterday I ruined two of the dishes I was making for the family. Then one of the kids refused to eat them He gave me the I don't like them that way business, I could have kicked my self in the fanny and stomped off cried and gave the rest of the day trying to make up for being grumpy to him. So I guess we all have those kinds of days.
kades
Old 05-07-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Oh boy! Daily! For some reason, lately, I've been leaving my pen on the desk and wandering off to other units. I get there and have nothing to write with. Trust me, lack of writing utensils is chronic for nurses.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:42 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Oh boy! Daily! For some reason, lately, I've been leaving my pen on the desk and wandering off to other units. I get there and have nothing to write with. Trust me, lack of writing utensils is chronic for nurses.
What do you need pens for when you have needles!

(Get it? Needles and pins? )
Old 05-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #7
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourmet Greg View Post
What do you need pens for when you have needles!

(Get it? Needles and pins? )
Because no one will let me chart in their blood...
Old 05-08-2012, 01:27 AM   #8
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

Because no one will let me chart in their blood...
Lol, those pesky patients never want to share their blood.

I get irritated with myself all the time, especially if I don't get enough sleep or the ADD kicks into overdrive. I end up doing so many scatter-brained/stupid things on those days. Or every once in a while I'll have an "everything I say comes out wrong and makes me look like an equine's derriere" day.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #9
Master Chef

When I worked for a vet (OK, I don't pretend dogs, cats, mice, etc, are humans!) we all had cords with magnetic pens round our necks, over our scrubs. Do they still make them?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #10
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
When I worked for a vet (OK, I don't pretend dogs, cats, mice, etc, are humans!) we all had cords with magnetic pens round our necks, over our scrubs. Do they still make them?
Not much anymore. They are perfect weapons for people to grab onto and there are some things you really don't want your pen to dangle into.

It's just odd that after this many years I'm starting to leave my pen lying around, instead of putting it in my pocket. At least my screwdriver is still in my pocket