Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like everyone, I've been wanting to see the CCL, we know and love sounding like who you really are. What an ordeal you've had with such good charity and humor. :flowers:

Thanks...you're so sweet!

I'm a little overwhelmed here with so much kindness flooding my PM box. I honestly didn't think I mattered here very much. I've really, REALLY learned a heck of a lot differently, and I'm sooooooooooooooo grateful to all of you!

The CrazyCatLady is back, and this is something I will never, ever, ever forget!

I forgot where I put my flashlight, I forgot where the @#$%&*!! I put my wallet yesterday, (I don't carry a purse), and I woke up at 2am with a song in my head. I grabbed my guitar and went out to the garage to play it.

Be careful...I'm only harmful to y'all when I remember stuff. You're in trouble now!

I'm told I might go back to work as early as November. Poor Walmart. Like they don't have enough problems, right?

LOL! Thank you so much!

He doesn't WANT you to die, just wish you were dead. :ROFLMAO:

He got his wish, the jerk. I hate him. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Today I made a milestone....I walked three miles and I wasn't tired. My dog was with me and so was Rina (MammaCat) and I came home. I didn't need a nap, and tonight I wrote some more on the sequel to my book and I'm still going strong!

Life is so good. Sometimes life throws stuff at you, but hey, you can throw it right back!

I really, really, love and appreciate all of you, and thank you all. Onward, forward...we'll go on! :wub:

Of course! We were all concerned, CCL! So pleased you're doing so well!

This is a very close, friendly community of folks who care deeply about our members. (Along with our dogs, cats, snakes, birds, rabbits, turtles, fish, and any other pets I didn't mention.)

Last edited:
Of course! We were all concerned, CCL! So pleased you're doing so well!

This is a very close, friendly community of folks who care deeply about our members. (Along with our dogs, cats, snakes, birds, rabbits, turtles, fish, and any other pets I didn't mention.)

You're more right than you know, Dawgluver. I'm a little slow now, but I'm getting better! I've gotten great PMs and I see what's here. God bless all of you, and here's one of my dumb thoughts.

Isn't it just amazing how we connect here? Look at all of you, yourselves, who have been so kind to me. Look at everything all of you have done for me. I can't thank you and everyone enough; it's impossible.

I turned my computer on today, came here, and was flooded with caring and kindness. This is exactly a close, friendly community that you described, but to me, maybe a little more too.

This is a haven, when the ouchies of therapy get to me and I hate taking pain pills and I don't, where I can read recipes and catch up on news of all of you, where I can read joys and wonder, what the @#$%&*!! pan can I recommend?

God bless you all, and thank you for being in my life. I'm going to bed now (rough night) but I'm taking the memory of all you sweet, wonderful people with me.

Thank you, and good night. See you soon!:)

You're more right than you know, Dawgluver. I'm a little slow now, but I'm getting better! I've gotten great PMs and I see what's here. God bless all of you, and here's one of my dumb thoughts.

Isn't it just amazing how we connect here? Look at all of you, yourselves, who have been so kind to me. Look at everything all of you have done for me. I can't thank you and everyone enough; it's impossible.

I turned my computer on today, came here, and was flooded with caring and kindness. This is exactly a close, friendly community that you described, but to me, maybe a little more too.

This is a haven, when the ouchies of therapy get to me and I hate taking pain pills and I don't, where I can read recipes and catch up on news of all of you, where I can read joys and wonder, what the @#$%&*!! pan can I recommend?

God bless you all, and thank you for being in my life. I'm going to bed now (rough night) but I'm taking the memory of all you sweet, wonderful people with me.

Thank you, and good night. See you soon!:)

CCL, having talked to you on more than one occasion, you have made tremendous progress. Slow? I hardly think so. At our age, we all have to search for that word that seems to want to elude us. You are getting your strength back really fast. A lot faster than your doctor thought you would. But I bet come three p.m. each day, you have a strong need to take a nap. That is so common with post surgical patients. It lasts about six months. And the naps do get shorter and shorter as time passes. So enjoy them for now.

If you noticed that when we talked, and you were searching for a word, I just let you search. It was the kindest thing I could do for you. ;) And it felt good to have a quiet moment or two. :LOL:

What you have endured is more than any person should have to go through. Two surgeries and having to start recovering a second time. So keep plugging along and before you know it, you will be ruling the world once again.

And yes, my name is Adele. I am so glad you were able to remember it. But then I wasn't worried. I do prefer Addie though. :angel:

CCL, having talked to you on more than one occasion, you have made tremendous progress. Slow? I hardly think so. At our age, we all have to search for that word that seems to want to elude us. You are getting your strength back really fast. A lot faster than your doctor thought you would. But I bet come three p.m. each day, you have a strong need to take a nap. That is so common with post surgical patients. It lasts about six months. And the naps do get shorter and shorter as time passes. So enjoy them for now.

If you noticed that when we talked, and you were searching for a word, I just let you search. It was the kindest thing I could do for you. ;) And it felt good to have a quiet moment or two. :LOL:

What you have endured is more than any person should have to go through. Two surgeries and having to start recovering a second time. So keep plugging along and before you know it, you will be ruling the world once again.

And yes, my name is Adele. I am so glad you were able to remember it. But then I wasn't worried. I do prefer Addie though. :angel:

Oh wow, Addie, you're so dang kind! You and others have reached out to me and helped me reconnect. Yep, I drop words sometimes. I never did that before, and it really bothers me. But I'm working on the sequel to my book and that helps...along with a thesaurus.

You did let me think. I'm a lot better now because you did. Another person here did that too and it helps me sooooo much! My friends and family do as well.

AND --- I have my music back!!!! It's like my fingers have their own memory. I can still sing!! I was helping Cat with the song by Bob Seger, "Turn The Page," and she was wrong on the tempo. That is not a happy song but she was going at it waaaaaayy too fast. I said, "No, no, you have to put that lonely feeling into it," and I played it again for her (guitar), then I realized Rina and hubby Justin were staring at me.

I thought at first I had done something awfully wrong, so I put my guitar down and started to slink off but Justin said, "Hey, that was awesome! Do it again!"

I think most of me is back! I have a long way to go, maybe, but my goal is to be back to work in May, not November. I have driven my car a little, just around the block a few times, Justin was with me once, and when a poor little squirrel ran out in front of me I slammed on the brakes and at the same time I did throw my right arm across him, even though he had his seatbelt on. I missed the squirrel, he ran off, and Justin said, "OMG your reflexes are better than mine!"

I couldn't believe I did that. I'm finding out things are coming back! The brain is an amazing thing. Life is so good! My reflexes are coming back and tonight when I opened the oven door and little Saav made a leap for it I caught her and put her back on the floor. I had forgotten she does that a lot.

Right now it's 3am and I'm out in the garage with my laptop. Sleep comes in fits and starts, but we're having thunderstorms here and I'm loving the storm and the sounds. The window is open and the screen door is open and the breeze and smell is just fantastic.

Life is so good!

Nothing like almost losing it to make you appreciate it even more. :angel:

You got that right, sister!

We tried something new today. I have a therapy partner now. She's 38, and survived a stroke. She was a drug addict, and she is coping with recovery from that too, the poor dear. She lives in a low-income housing area, and isn't allowed to have pets.

Since we have a boatload of cats, a dog, a Bowflex, and a safe neighborhood to walk around, my therapist asked if I'd like to partner with her once a week on Fridays. We agreed, and I'm so happy right now I could just burst!

We showed her how to use the Bowflex, walked a mile with Lilly and Rina, she got covered in fur, Cat made chicken soup and a salad for lunch, and my therapist even stayed for lunch this time to make sure we are okay together. She also doesn't have a computer, so we let her play solitaire on the big desktop and I showed her a bunch of funny cat stuff on YouTube.

She is a little slower than I am, and she has more issues to deal with, but she's coming along. Cat and Rina agreed to help her get around, using my car, a couple times a week at first.

This is such an amazing miracle! We're able to reach out to another person who really needs a lot of help! She loved everything here, and she likes music. I have such a great feeling about this, and I gave Cat my credit card and shipped her off to Walmart to buy a stuffed animal. Cat came back with a huge fluffy bear, and Jessie loved it! She doesn't have anything, hardly.

What's really interesting is that my shyest cat, Saav, who runs from strangers, actually jumped up in her lap, begging for pets, then took a nap -- IN HER LAP! Holy cow! It took Saav like two weeks to even go near Cat and Rina!

What a miracle! Keep Jessie in your thoughts too, please?

I'm so glad I fell on my head.

It's great that you're on the mend and I have a feeling you'll be whippin' your weight in wildcats in no time.

I can more than understand what it's like to lose your memory. I was in a serious vehicle accident in 1998 and suffered a closed head injury which resulted in losing my memory. It was the closest thing to hell on earth than I could imagine.

I won't give any details because I'm fine now, but the prognosis was not initially good. I'm thankful for a very observant husband, Buck, and a medical study. Otherwise, I would still be wondering where I put this or that or trying to figure out what I set out to do.

P.S. Check your PM inbox.

Last edited:
It's great that you're on the mend and I have a feeling you'll be whippin' your weight in wildcats in no time.

I can more than understand what it's like to lose your memory. I was in a serious vehicle accident in 1998 and suffered a closed head injury which resulted in losing my memory. It was the closest thing to hell on earth than I could imagine.

I won't give any details because I'm fine now, but the prognosis was not initially good. I'm thankful for a very observant husband, Buck, and a medical study. Otherwise, I would still be wondering where I put this or that or trying to figure out what I set out to do.

P.S. Check your PM inbox.

I did! Thanks!

Yuck...car accidents. I'm so glad you're okay now!

Had a great day today...but I'm pooped.

I'm running away for the rest of the month. No fixed plans, but starting at Cologne and then some more time in Germany, Belgium and France. Plenty of food and drink, I hope.

You all have a good week. We're off to the Riviera Maya. Nothing but Mexican food for a week - well, at least it's all cooked by Mexicans. ;)

Oooohh. Hope you can get in some snorkeling, go swim with the turtles in Akumal, see the ruins, and take the ferry over to Cozumel! (BTW, if you have any questions about Cozumel, please feel free to ask!)

Have fun! Eat everything you can get your hands on.

Last edited:
Oooohh. Hope you can get in some snorkeling, go swim with the turtles in Akumel, see the ruins, and take the ferry over to Cozumel! (BTW, if you have any questions about Cozumel, please feel free to ask!)

Have fun! Eat everything you can get your hands on.

We've been diving in Cozumel twice, about 20 years ago, so that isn't a likely side trip for us. We are staying in Akumal (all inclusive Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness Resort).

We've been diving in Cozumel twice, about 20 years ago, so that isn't a likely side trip for us. We are staying in Akumal (all inclusive Akumal Bay Beach and Wellness Resort).

Envious! That resort is highly rated, everyone seems to like it.

We do love our Cozumel though! Enjoy the turtles!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom