Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know what Pac, I just now had to hunt up one of my posts to see what my count was. I never look at it. Not one of life's goals for me. To have the most posts on the forum. I didn't even notice when I became a chef. I was quite happy being a line cook. Line cooks get to do all the cooking. And none of the worries of running a kitchen and staff. I hate self imposed competitions. They seem so silly to me. In the same school as wasting your anger when you could expend your energy elsewhere that will do some good.

Okay, I am off my soapbox. :angel:

You just said something to get your post count up, huh?
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: just kidding of course.

Maybe they are the hoarders of Internet forums. They just want to make sure they have enough posts in case anything happens :LOL:

Hmm. Hoarders. That makes sense.

And it doesn't take up quite as much room as newspapers, cats, or pizza boxes.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I just was in doing some clean-up (I have been getting subscription notifications and wanted to cancel that). I didn't want anyone to think I was lurking.

Things are changing in the Beier house. We have adopted a little kitten named "Monkey" and she really is one. I have started back at the Y, walking in the pool and during the week walk my neighbour's dog to work. TB's job situation is still shaky. They do shift picks this coming week - there are 97 shifts and he is number 98. If no one takes a really lousy retirement package or they don't make another shift, he will be put on casual and lose benefits (but not seniority) as of the end of the month. My osteoarthritis is progressing at a very fast rate and I have been having more vertigo problems so am not driving. But I am enjoying my life, learning how to use my new camera, visiting friends I haven't seen for ages and not being tied to the computer so much.

This is my official last post. My email address should be on my profile, but if not, I will still get PM's and you can send me your address if you want to stay in touch. I am also on FaceBook as Laurie Beier so you can get me there. I am still there because it is easier to go through everything in a short time.

I will miss all my friends here, but I know leaving is the right thing to do for "ME". It is probably the first time in my life I have done so and it feels great. Not that DC wasn't for me, it has been. I have just found it different in the last while and I needed to focus more on my friends and family here.

Love to you all,
LP

PS I won't see replies here but will by PM or email

I too am going MIA. I have asked to be unsubbed, for now. Life has thrown me too many curve balls as of late. I have LOVED, LOVED, LOVED being part of this forum. I have learned so much, had so much fun, and made some very good friends. I will miss all of you and hope that everyone continues to play with their food.

I have axed my FB accounts, but you can still reach me by email.

Take care everyone!

I haven't poked my head in here lately. Please help me from reading through the pages, but has anyone heard from Chopper lately? I haven't come across any of her posts recently. Maybe he's just at a car show or something.

I am having some major 'puter problems. Spike is going to take a look at it tonight. So I won't be on today. And maybe tomorrow or the next day. But eventually I will be back.

SB, keep at it! :angel:

Hello! One or two of you may remember me from last year. :) I got busy with life, and as you all know, that happens. lol. I also lost my password and just found it again a couple of days ago. I browsed through this thread and saw that sweet Kylie asked about me. :angel: I'm pretty amazed that I'm still able to log on to my account here after so long!

Fortunately, life's happenings have been good ones. I'm still cooking, came out of early retirement to work again in a part time position as a sub teacher and after school day care for little ones, and have a new grandson, Aiden. He is 6 months old now. :wub: He is grandchild number 6 and I am so blessed with all of them.

So looking forward to getting back into the swing of things with DC - it'll take me a little while to catch up. haha

I wish nothing but the best for all of you, whether you are actively here, or on hiatus. Happy cooking!

I am having some major 'puter problems. Spike is going to take a look at it tonight. So I won't be on today. And maybe tomorrow or the next day. But eventually I will be back.

SB, keep at it! :angel:

I shall wait for you, Addie. I am sorry of the problems.

Your friend,
~Cat

Hello! One or two of you may remember me from last year. :) I got busy with life, and as you all know, that happens. lol. I also lost my password and just found it again a couple of days ago. I browsed through this thread and saw that sweet Kylie asked about me. :angel: I'm pretty amazed that I'm still able to log on to my account here after so long!

Fortunately, life's happenings have been good ones. I'm still cooking, came out of early retirement to work again in a part time position as a sub teacher and after school day care for little ones, and have a new grandson, Aiden. He is 6 months old now. :wub: He is grandchild number 6 and I am so blessed with all of them.

So looking forward to getting back into the swing of things with DC - it'll take me a little while to catch up. haha

I wish nothing but the best for all of you, whether you are actively here, or on hiatus. Happy cooking!

Happy cooking to you also! I am very happy that your life is very good.

And the best to you, also!

Your friend,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom