Groupon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
Has anyone had any luck with Groupon? I just signed up and wondering what experiences folks have had, and what deals you've gotten!
Saph

DH signed up but said so far in our area it's mostly been for spas and manicures and waxings, a few restaurants about an hour away. Nothing he's interested in yet so we haven't used it. The most interesting one was a tour of a microbrewery that included a light meal and a 6-pack for half price. Since we don't drink much, it didn't get used.

I was wondering about groupon also. Is it beneficial to put coupons on it for our cafe & catering business.

I LOVE Groupon! I've bought a few things on it. I've done a couple of laser hair removal things, salon stuff mostly. Very very good deals, and no issues with redeeming them either.

I am also doing Dealfind and Swarmjam. Liking all of them so far, but have yet to redeem a Dealfind or Swarmjam.

I was able to get one of my photos put on stretched canvas. I paid $40. Without Groupon it would have been about $140.

I signed up for Groupon a couple of weeks ago, so far there seem to be some good deals, just nothing that was a fit for us yet. One deal I thought was pretty good was for $750 you could get $1500 towards a houseboat trip on Shuswap Lake in BC. I have been houseboating before and this is a good deal with a reputable company. It was just too short of notice for us to get a group together to go. Buy for folks who were planning this kind of vacation it would have been great.

I too love Groupon and have purchased salon packages ($150 for a $1000 service) to car care ($25 for $80 service) and restaurant coupons ($5 for $15) for MORE than half the price! Definitely worth it for personal use, I do not have a business so I can not speak to that.

Arg! I just today's Groupon offer. If I lived in Montreal, not the 'burbs I would snap this one up. It's $5 for a $10 voucher for Ben & Jerry's. I would love to get this. But, if I bought ice cream in downtown Montreal, it would all be melted (or too soft to refreeze) by the time I got home.

Groupon is great when you finally come across a deal you can use. I've purchased it for Redbox, $1 for three rentals. Unlimited car washes for 2 months for $29. $45 credit on Blurb.com for $20.

It was just too short of notice for us to get a group together to go. Buy for folks who were planning this kind of vacation it would have been great.
I am not 100% sure, but I think you have a year to use any groupon you buy.

tax lady - I am also part of Montreal groupon, because we used to live there and travel there about once a month. I am on the lookout for restaurant coupons!

I bought two of the $5 coupons for ben and jerry's! My sister in law has a condo downtown that we visit often in the summer because of her rooftop pool - this would be great for a hot summer day after a swim!!

tax lady - I am also part of Montreal groupon, because we used to live there and travel there about once a month. I am on the lookout for restaurant coupons!

Then you might want to sign up for ilovemtl.ca. I'm going to buy a getaway to the Laurentians with another couple from them. It's $459 for 2 nights in a 2 bedroom condo, one gourmet supper per person, access to various facilities, and Sunday brunch for everyone.

We'll be going end of May or in June. (Their restaurant is closed until some time in mid-May).

I have noticed that you usually have longer to purchase travel. I have another 4.5 days before this one expires.

Can you tell I'm excited? :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom