Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phinz, my dictionary tells me as translation for the "Einsiedlerkrebs" hermit crab, and that definetely is the one who lives in snailshells.....
the denomination is Eupagurus bernhardus... can it be?

Nope. That wouldn't be Eupagurus bernhardus. Eupagurus bernhardus is the common hermit crab, known for hiding in their shells. Hermit crabs have soft nether regions. The creature pictured has its own carapace, including a tail, shedding that carapace during its growth cycles.

Hint: I've already given one name for this particular crustacean,a nd it's on this page at least 3 times. I will accept that name, or several other names that it is commonly known by.

Yes. Also known as a crawdad, crawfish, crawdaddy or crayfish depending on your region. Some of the best eating you could *ever* expect. Mudbugs n' cheese grits. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

You're up. :mrgreen:

Crawdad, crayfish, whatever (lol) was actually my first thought, but all the pictures I've ever seen of them (and the ones I have known in person :LOL: ) were flat--the one in the picture looked more crab like.

Give us a good one Alix. :cool:

:) Barbara

OK, what is this?

Attachments

• satellite photo.jpg
    satellite photo.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 330
Not a river. And as for the mudbug thing, well...phinz was pretty generous with the clue that time!

I'll have you know, missy, that I saw phinz's post at work this morning while waiting for my next emergency to pop up and BEFORE anyone else guessed, but I cannot post from work.

So there.

Alix is away for a bit....but I know what the answer is...and Phinz, no, it's not the Athabasca glacier.

Back
Top Bottom