Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It isn't the birthplace of anyone famous, that I know of. I don't even have any idea who lived there. It is not known for that. :cool:

In the interest of time, let's just say we have been on vacation in Iowa and Illinois. ;)

:)Barbara

Don't give up that easily! I never mentioned this place in any of my posts because I planned to use this well in advance.

I can pretty much guarantee that you have seen a picture of this house--part of it anyway. The house itself isn't famous, but the thing you have seen it in is very famous.

is it the church they used at the end of "the rock" whjere stanley goodspeed finds the microfilm?

is it the theater where lincoln got shot?

i really have no idea. Im NYer you know we dont pay attention to anything outside of NY. lol

Nope, it still isn't a church, LOL. Last I heard, Lincoln was shot in a theater in Washington D.C., not a house in Iowa! :-p

You can do it! I have faith in you! I have to leave for the day in a bit. I will give a good hint before I leave.

Nope. As I said, I have no idea who lived in this house. That part isn't really important.

Since you are the only one playing right now, and I have to start getting our suitcases packed and ready to leave, I will give you a big hint now. Put it together with the location and it should help if you do a search.

Think art.

Well, I have to go, and I can't be guaranteed getting back on tonight (one hotel promised Internet but didn't have it), so I will go ahead and tell you. You were sneaking up on it! LOL

This house, in Eldon, Iowa, was the background in the famous painting of a farmer and his daughter, "American Gothic," by Grant Wood.

Since you were the only one playing, go ahead and post the next picture. I think some of our regulars are having trouble getting on DC right now, so it may be slow going!

"American Gothic":

WAIT WAIT WAIT!! Now I recognize them..........BALL JOINTS!! I had to replace some on my VW before.

Back
Top Bottom