Honey, I'm Home...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
from our epic 30 day, 10,000 mile voyage from Buenos Aires, Argentina to Los Angeles. Whata trip, and I've missed DC a lot, as my internet time was very limited. It's good to be home again, and it was a pleasure to walk off the ship in Long Beach with only a two hour drive north to our front door. Can you tell I hate airports? We've been at work writing the detailed trip story with pictures for our website but it will be several days before it's finished. I'll post the link to it later. However we did complete a portion of it that should be of interest here at DC....It was a wonderful private culinary tour in Lima Peru that was designed for 8 of us.

Attachments

• Lima food.pdf
    327.7 KB · Views: 130
Welcome home, Kayelle! I've missed you here, and looking forward to hearing more about your trip, and seeing pics. :)

Welcome back, Kayelle! Looking forward to your trip report!

Welcome Home Kayelle!!! Missed you and glad you had a good time! Looked at the PDF...beautiful pics!

Welcome back Kayelle. Glad you had a good time.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Kayelle, thanks for taking me on that eating trip to Lima---- the only way I'll ever be able to do it. lol

Glad you're back.

Welcome back Kayelle. I think I'll wait until it's on your website. It's tax season and I should be doing tax returns.

Oh Kayelle, I can't wait to read every word!

I so want to travel more, to more exotic places! It will happen some day!

I had to laugh about the Last Supper and the pig instead of a fish. Don't they know Jesus was Jewish? Glad to have you back. But I am mad at you because you didn't take me with you. But I will forgive you. :angel:

:pig::LOL: Addie, that's not pig on the plate of the Last Supper, it's Guinea Pig called Cuy in Peru. It's a common food on every table there and raised for consumption but not something our group willing to try. They're usually served whole. :wacko:

I'm curious who here would be willing to eat a roasted Cuy?:chef:

I'd be game (no pun intended). Evidently it tastes a lot like rabbit and many people eat rabbit in the US.

Just don't feed me your pet guinea pig! :ohmy:

Welcome back and thanks for the gourmet tour.

Of course I would eat roasted guinea pig, if it is a common food on every table. But I was the only one who tried the haggis on one tour;).

:pig::LOL: Addie, that's not pig on the plate of the Last Supper, it's Guinea Pig called Cuy in Peru. It's a common food on every table there and raised for consumption but not something our group willing to try. They're usually served whole. :wacko:

I was telling Spike about it and I spelled it for him. Neither one of us could figure out how to pronounce it. So he looked it up. Cuy = Kwee, long e sound. He even brought up the site that pronounces the words for you. But I do have to say, I don't care what you call it or pronounce it, you won't find it as part of any menu I might prepare. :angel:

Welcome back and thanks for the gourmet tour.

Of course I would eat roasted guinea pig, if it is a common food on every table. But I was the only one who tried the haggis on one tour;).

I couldn't eat someone's pet, but apparently guinea pigs run in herds in Peru and are farmed like chickens. If dressed properly and not someone I know, I'd probably eat it. Would NEVER eat haggis....

After watching countless hours of Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods show, I'd be embarrassed if I didn't eat it.

Back
Top Bottom