"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-23-2008, 07:37 PM   #31
Executive Chef

This was indeed a good day for me and thanks for worrying about me. I am and always will be fine. Thank you so much.

And next time I do visit him, I'll take my laptop and read these. I hope that won't be too emotional for him, wouldn't want his heart to be overworked.

DS went over today to visit. Waiting for that report but am sure, he'll see what I saw. Very encouraging.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:54 PM   #32
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Prayers and wishes that the good news continues!

Dave

Old 04-23-2008, 09:17 PM   #33
Master Chef

I'm such a sucker for happy endings, or even happy respites. The story you tell, Lefe's, makes my eye's more moist than I usually care to admit. But my family know it, I'm a big old softie at heart, especially when it involves the love of families. When you told your freind that his ? adored him, and when he realized that others care about him, even those who have never met or heard about him, and it affected him, that's an amazing thing. I wish everyone could turn their lives around and understand that love is so much more satisfying than is hatred, or revenge, or the lust for power.

Lefe's, you have given this young man a gift more prescious than any other he could receive. You have given him your love. You have officially entered the realm of being a hero.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:07 PM   #34
Executive Chef

who said;
yesterday done, tomorrow begun, another journey around the sun.
God Bless!
Old 04-23-2008, 11:06 PM   #35
Master Chef

I can certainly add my prayers to the list, everyone deserves a second chance in life and I certainly hope he gets his.
What you are your DH are doing is fabulous and an inspiration!
Old 04-24-2008, 03:52 PM   #36
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post
I'm such a sucker for happy endings, or even happy respites. The story you tell, Lefe's, makes my eye's more moist than I usually care to admit. But my family know it, I'm a big old softie at heart, especially when it involves the love of families. When you told your freind that his ? adored him, and when he realized that others care about him, even those who have never met or heard about him, and it affected him, that's an amazing thing. I wish everyone could turn their lives around and understand that love is so much more satisfying than is hatred, or revenge, or the lust for power.

Lefe's, you have given this young man a gift more prescious than any other he could receive. You have given him your love. You have officially entered the realm of being a hero.

So then Goodweed, you 'like' making lady's cry then? It's okay, I needed that, tears are very cleansing. You know what? No hero here. Not at all, it's just how God made me and what He tells me to do and say, plus, it's easy, I look at this man as the little boy I knew so well and adored myself. He is in fact a man now, but, a man who is having a hard time of it all. He cried when I said his "?" adored him and I pray he believed me. Because it's more true than anything. I've known his "?" all of my life. My gift if I have one, is patting backs, giving support, loving. I don't find it hard at all giving love to him. I find it hard holding back the tears, so I didn't, he didn't, I didn't. I am so grateful for someone suggesting I read him these comments. He will be so very thankful. He is completely overwhelmed by all the love coming his way. I asked him why? He said, "I never knew so many people loved me." I asked how that was possible. He said he didn't think of himself as special, at that point, I slapped him. Not really, I hugged him though. I also reminded him how special a part of his face is. That it represents honor and courage, strength and determination. He said over the years, he's thought of me and that part of his face, remembering what I always said about it. He cried, as did I.

Thank you, thank you, but no, just a person who loves this kid...

Old 04-30-2008, 05:01 AM   #37
Executive Chef

Was thinking of you and yours, hoping all is well.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:36 AM   #38
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover View Post
So then Goodweed, you 'like' making lady's cry then? It's okay, I needed that, tears are very cleansing. You know what? No hero here. Not at all, it's just how God made me and what He tells me to do and say, plus, it's easy, I look at this man as the little boy I knew so well and adored myself. He is in fact a man now, but, a man who is having a hard time of it all. He cried when I said his "?" adored him and I pray he believed me. Because it's more true than anything. I've known his "?" all of my life. My gift if I have one, is patting backs, giving support, loving. I don't find it hard at all giving love to him. I find it hard holding back the tears, so I didn't, he didn't, I didn't. I am so grateful for someone suggesting I read him these comments. He will be so very thankful. He is completely overwhelmed by all the love coming his way. I asked him why? He said, "I never knew so many people loved me." I asked how that was possible. He said he didn't think of himself as special, at that point, I slapped him. Not really, I hugged him though. I also reminded him how special a part of his face is. That it represents honor and courage, strength and determination. He said over the years, he's thought of me and that part of his face, remembering what I always said about it. He cried, as did I.

Thank you, thank you, but no, just a person who loves this kid...

A hero isn't jsut that guy on horseback who recues an inexperianced rider stuck on a bolting horse. Nor is it only those who put their lives on the line to save the lives and properties of others, a hero is someone who gives of themselves in any way for the benifit of another. mother who gives her time willingly to her children, who wants more than anything to teach them the skills to live and be happy in this world, she's a hero. The father who uses his time to care for his kids and wife, to love them and make their lives as great and happy as he can, rather than going to the bars with his buds, he's a hero. The freind who is there for another, when the other is down, or ill, or just needs someone to talk to, by the act of being there, is a hero.

We all tend to think of the grand acts, the guy who throws himself on a grenade to save his fellow soldiers, or the innocent civilians nearby. We remember the woman who dives into icy water to help someone whoe's car has gon off the road and broken through the ice. We honor the firemen who risks life and limb to save a child clinging to a root during a flood. But we forget, or don't notice all the heroes out there who by simple acts of love, save the troubled teenager who unknown to everyone, is comtemplating suicide bacause life just stinks sometimes and can be overwhelming. We forget about those who put others before themselves, as a way of life, trying to improve the world by small degrees.

A hero is the person who is not selfish, and who truly loves others, and is willing to do something good for another, without the need for reward or compensation of any kind. My kids, all of them, have at times been heroes for me, someone I could look up to, someone I can try to emulate. I have met many quiet men and women over the years who have earned that title, for the freindship, the leadership, and the love that they regularly share with everyone around them.

That's why I call you hero.

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:41 AM   #39
Executive Chef

Well GoodWeed, you just did it again.
Beautifully written and wonderfully spoken words.
I am thankful for the kind things you said.
They are feelings from my heart.
It's kinda big and it's full of love.
That's all I can say about that.
If anything I can do, makes a life smile for even one moment longer than it would have, I, myself, am the one being blessed. You get way more when you give a lot.............thank you, thank you very much...excuse me now, I must get a Kleenex

God bless you all................I've just reread this thread.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
LEFSE - this young man is amazing...as you are. I keep typing and erasing as the words are difficult to put "on paper". So...I will continue to pray as my thoughts are very clear.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote