Huh!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
In the supermarket last night I walked past the egg display and did a double take. Among various different brands of eggs was one proudly announcing itself on the box as "HENS Eggs" (capitalised as shown). Just in case someone needed to know. Did they think we didn't know where they came from? Dinosaurs? Turtles? Unlikely to be quails' eggs as that supermarket isn't as up-market as all that.

(You can get goose and duck eggs in the UK but only direct from the farmer and never in supermarkets)

This is something I've never seen. It has always been that chicken eggs are labeled as just "eggs". It has always been up to producers to label other types of eggs specifically to differentiate them.

You also never see "cow's milk"or "pork belly bacon".

This is something I've never seen. It has always been that chicken eggs are labeled as just "eggs". It has always been up to producers to label other types of eggs specifically to differentiate them.

You also never see "cow's milk"or "pork belly bacon".
Exactly.

Was it a commercially made sign or hand printed by a frustrated dairy case guy after being asked "Are these hen's eggs".
I once heard some one ask "Is this hamburger made from cows?"

Ah, you British are just to precise. The store is just taking it up a notch in being even more precise. ;)
Sorry, just could not help my self. :LOL:
No offence please.

Back
Top Bottom