"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-04-2013, 12:05 AM   #11
Proud American
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Asheville
Posts: 2,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
You certainly don't need to use razor blades, Cat. The razor blade is in a handle, like a paint scraper. I also have ceramic stove cleaner solution, that you apply, then wipe off with a paper towel. I'm lazy, and the razor blade gets everything off without having to soak anything. They don't scratch, my stove is about 15 years old, and the stovetop still looks good.

Will have to look into your orange cleaner, thanks!
This is very nice! I hope you can maybe try it. But I have been careful of boiling over and such accidents. When these small accidents occur I take the pot off immediately of the stove and put it over the sink and to let it calm down. I turn off the burner upon the way to the sink so as not to incur further burnt damage.

With love,
~Cat
__________________

__________________
CatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:21 AM   #12
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
...And you do like this new unplanned stove?....
I guess. I can cook on it. The previous stove broke a week or two before Thanksgiving a few years back and we were having company. Had to pick something serviceable quickly so I went with a reliable choice

Our house doesn't have gas, so my options were limited. Electric was the easy way; hooking up a propane stove seemed like too much trouble. When we move back to OH I should be able to use a gas stove again since natural gas is more widely available for heating and cooking.
__________________

__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:50 AM   #13
Proud American
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Asheville
Posts: 2,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I guess. I can cook on it. The previous stove broke a week or two before Thanksgiving a few years back and we were having company. Had to pick something serviceable quickly so I went with a reliable choice

Our house doesn't have gas, so my options were limited. Electric was the easy way; hooking up a propane stove seemed like too much trouble. When we move back to OH I should be able to use a gas stove again since natural gas is more widely available for heating and cooking.
Oh I see. But the electric is very nice! I only wanted to make the change of gas because for a very dumb new cook as I, I did like DA's gas stove better than for the electric. It seems to be much easier for one who is not very smart of cooking.

I do hope you shall get your nice gas stove which you want. In this meantime, I will try to prove to be worthy of this new stove.

I know I must earn what I have, so I shall try to do very well!

With love,
~Cat
__________________
CatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 16,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post

Oh I see. But the electric is very nice! I only wanted to make the change of gas because for a very dumb new cook as I, I did like DA's gas stove better than for the electric. It seems to be much easier for one who is not very smart of cooking.
Oh, I don't know about that! I love my gas stove and I think I'm pretty smart of cooking! Most good cooks I know prefer gas because it responds more quickly when you adjust the flame, so you have more control.
__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:16 AM   #15
Proud American
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Asheville
Posts: 2,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Oh, I don't know about that! I love my gas stove and I think I'm pretty smart of cooking! Most good cooks I know prefer gas because it responds more quickly when you adjust the flame, so you have more control.
Yes, I like this of the gas stove. You are very, very smart of cooking! My stove will be here on Tuesday. On Monday, two nice men of the HOA will be here to move the electric stove away.

I am very excited of this! DA is happy also.

With love,
~Cat
__________________

__________________
CatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
stove

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.