"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-12-2006, 05:08 AM   #11
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to erinmself
wow I kinda messed that up. "das" is supposed to say dad and "bologne" is bologna

Erin
erinmself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:13 AM   #12
Executive Chef

I don't like peanut butter at all... Just the smell makes me heave.. BUT my daughter adored it when she was a child (she still loves it, but in smaller quantities nowadays!) - her favourite was peanut butter, honey and banana.

Old 07-12-2006, 06:02 AM   #13
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinmself
My Das used to love Peanut butter, mayonaise, and cheese. My brothers went for peanut butter and bologne or peanut butter and just mayonaise. A favorite of my mom's was peanut butter and butter on toast for breakfast. I was not very adventurous and only added some bananas once in a while although I admit the peanut butter and butter is not bad.
For the peanut-butter, mayonnaise, and cheese, I used cheddar cheese and it was suprizingly good. Although the mayonnaise flavor got mostly lost in the cheese and peanut butter, I really liked the cheese and peanut butter combo. 8/10.

Butter and peanut butter on toasted bread I'll have to give a 4/10 though, because the butter didn't really add anything that wasn't already there. I only usually add butter to things that are in need of fat to enhance taste (like jelly on toast) but since the peanut butter was already mostly fat I didn't think it made a huge flavor change. This reminded me flavor-wise a lot of a grilled pb and j, only it didn't have the thing that makes a grilled pb&j so special which is the melted peanut butter (because the peanut butter wasn't applied until after the bread was already toasted).

I don't have any bologna unfortunatly, but if I did it wouldn't be fair for me to judge considering the fact that I hate bologna.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:05 AM   #14
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to erinmself
hey at least I got one 8/10. I will have to tell my Dad.

Erin
erinmself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:07 AM   #15
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel
I don't like peanut butter at all... Just the smell makes me heave.. BUT my daughter adored it when she was a child (she still loves it, but in smaller quantities nowadays!) - her favourite was peanut butter, honey and banana.
What? You don't like peanut butter?! My god, what is wrong with your evil, misguided tastebuds? Kidding, kidding, we all have different tastes I guess and thats fine... you're just missing out on one of the best flavors in the world.
I love pb banana and honey too. I remember being in third grade and discovering it and wondering why my mother had ever led me astray to peanut-butter and jelly, which taste about one third as good.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:46 AM   #16
Executive Chef

Maybe it's because I wasn't introduced to peanut butter until I was almost an adult.. and I don't like roasted peanuts, either
Old 07-12-2006, 07:48 AM   #17
Head Chef

Peanut and butter and bacon, nothing better.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #18
Executive Chef

I haven't eaten a PB sammich in years -- mostly I prefer PB in a dessert/baking recipe or a pad thai noodle... but here are a few that come to mind:

PB & strawberry preserves panini. (The heat will make it all melty and warm.)

PB (crunchy-style), sliced apples and raisins on a soft flour tortilla - or between two waffles (a waffle-wich).

Spread PB on a hot waffle and top with strawberries, bananas & blueberries & whipped cream.

Spread PB on a hot waffle, top with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:00 PM   #19
Assistant Cook

peanut butter and marshmallow fluff on honey wheat bread and peanut butter with sweet cream cheese, caramel and green apple slices on honey wheat bread
Old 07-12-2006, 12:30 PM   #20
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda
peanut butter and marshmallow fluff on honey wheat bread and peanut butter with sweet cream cheese, caramel and green apple slices on honey wheat bread
Those both sound great, but the second one looks like the grand prize winner. Here's your prize.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	major_prize_award.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	1599