I'll rate your peanut butter sandwich.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BlueCat said:
But bacon tastes nothing like honey ham... I've never had either of those things with peanut butter, but bacon is one of God's great gifts, and so is peanut butter, so I may have to try this. I've always been a bit of a PB purist, and have never even tried PB & J!

BC
Well, I'll have to test it some other day then.

OK, today at Trator Joe's I FINALLY got some marshmallow fluff and some pickles (the tiny French kind).
Let this be said. The pb and pickles gets a 1. The fluffinater gets a 10.

I'm beginning to realize that I'm not giving any good ratings to the more "savory" sandwhiches. Maybe the way my tastebuds work, peanut butter is meant to be a sweet thing. Actually I like it with pretzels and celery and lettuce (now that I've tried that sandwhich), maybe that qualifies as savory. But overall, I like peanutbutter in my DESSERTS. Maybe thats why I'm having trouble liking it with some of these vegetable dishes?

Hey, Banana, glad to hear you liked Handy Husband's concoction on the tortilla.

If you think you are trending toward dessert-like combinations, you should probably try some ice cream toppings using pb. Melt some pb together with some honey and roasted peanuts and glob it over some nice vanilla ice cream.

Not a sandwich, but another taste sensation. Chunked bananas or strawberries or ???? to round it out?

mudbug said:
Hey, Banana, glad to hear you liked Handy Husband's concoction on the tortilla.

If you think you are trending toward dessert-like combinations, you should probably try some ice cream toppings using pb. Melt some pb together with some honey and roasted peanuts and glob it over some nice vanilla ice cream.

Not a sandwich, but another taste sensation. Chunked bananas or strawberries or ???? to round it out?
Yum! I love peanut butter ice cream, but it seems like the only place to get pure peanut butter ice cream is cold stone. I've been wanting to incorperate peanut butter with basic ice cream, and the only way I could think of was to actually top ice cream with a glob or try stirring it in. Thanks for the recipe, I'll try making that tonight and top the vanilla gelato I just bought. Yes, store bought gelato. I love Trader Joe's. So.... should it be like a 50/50 pb to honey ratio?

Dunno on the ratio, I was just throwing an idea out. I think 50-50 might be overkill on the honey - maybe 70:30, with pb as the star? Remember you are gonna heat it up to liquefy the pb a bit.

Wouldn't hurt to add a squirt or two of your favorite chocolate syrup into it either (I'd skip the honey in that case).

This isn't really a sandwich, but you could turn it into one. Toast some bread, spread PB on it, and top with maple syrup. This is the best super-easy breakfast around!

vagriller said:
This isn't really a sandwich, but you could turn it into one. Toast some bread, spread PB on it, and top with maple syrup. This is the best super-easy breakfast around!

That sounds yummy. I might try it myself:)

http://www.cookingforums.net/

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok here's one for you. My daughter reminded me of this one. My MIL likes peanut butter and salsa sandwiches. I love her to death but I swear she'll eat salsa on anything and I think this proves it.

vagriller said:
I'm not going to try that one right now because I've had maple syrup on my pb waffles and I already know its very yummy.

Ripliancum said:
Maybe this is gross, but I used to eat Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwhiches with a little bit of Ranch Dressing.
I'm completly suprized that I like this sandwhich. I would not have thought peanut-butter my Hidden Vally ranch would go together. But this was pretty good! The ranch flavor seemed to go with both the peabut butter and the jelly, and I would never think it would go with jelly because jelly is sweet and know one ever puts fruit or sweet things in a ranch dressing salad. The peanut butter with parsley (in the ranch) is I think the first good savory peanut butter combo I've come across. This is sort of like when I was a kid thought ranch dressing looked discgusting on Domino's pepperoni pizza. But thats how my friends ate it, so I tried it, and found a new favorite food all through elementry and middle school. This wasn't amazing, but the kind of thing I can have when I'm in just the right mood for it.
7.5 out of 10

southerncooker said:
Ok here's one for you. My daughter reminded me of this one. My MIL likes peanut butter and salsa sandwiches. I love her to death but I swear she'll eat salsa on anything and I think this proves it.
Although the taste combo wasn't awful or anything, it wasn't particular appealing to me either. Because the salsa pretty much ruins the good flavor of the peanut-butter (instead of the goal of highlighting it and bringing to its best) I'll have to give this sandwhich a 4.
But I will say that the peanut butter highlights the salsa taste. Which isn't hard for peanut butter to do because it tastes so much better than salsa does.

mudbug said:
Dunno on the ratio, I was just throwing an idea out. I think 50-50 might be overkill on the honey - maybe 70:30, with pb as the star? Remember you are gonna heat it up to liquefy the pb a bit.

Wouldn't hurt to add a squirt or two of your favorite chocolate syrup into it either (I'd skip the honey in that case).
What I ended up doing last night was for a late-night dessert (I just had a dessert craving that I knew had to be solved) I put whipped cream on a plate and poured melted peanut butter, honey, chocolate syrup, whole peanuts, sprinkles and white chocolate syrup on top. I pretty much just ate my favorite part of an ice cream sundea- the whipped cream on top dripping with toppings. When I mixed around honey and peanut butter in the whipped cream, it WAS very delicous.

Well, I might as well joing this drama...our favorite p.b. sandwich is a BLT - made on toast with mayo on one slice, p.b. on the other, bacon, tomato and replace lettuce with gorgeous humongeous leave of basil! Absolutely wonderful!

cjs said:
Well, I might as well joing this drama...our favorite p.b. sandwich is a BLT - made on toast with mayo on one slice, p.b. on the other, bacon, tomato and replace lettuce with gorgeous humongeous leave of basil! Absolutely wonderful!
Again, no bacon. But I tried this with good sausage, fresh basil that I happened to have today, a slice of tomato. This was good with peanut-butter, but that might not be because of the peanut-butter as much as because its just a great sandwhich. It was good, but would have actually been better either sans pb or sand sausage/basil/tomato/mayo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom