"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-26-2008, 08:16 AM   #31
Master Chef

keep clicking those ruby red slippers together, Dorothy!!!! I'm so happy for you (yes, and a whole lot jealous) and you get to take "Toto" with you as well.........I know how you feel---without mentioning any city's name I was never so unhappy in my life....when I found out we were moving back to Houston I was ecstatic when we crossed the state line and was even happier when drivers behind us honked their horns at us to move it......yep, we were baaaaaaaack..........need any help packing???

Old 05-26-2008, 08:55 AM   #32
Executive Chef

If you lived close by I'd take you up on that!! You should see the dining room, stacked high with all the boxes!

Old 05-26-2008, 09:14 AM   #33
Master Chef

gads, I've moved so many times in my life, redkitty (4 times in 6 years in Cairo).......I know how you feel but nothing beats being GLAD to pack up and move does it????? It's when you have to move from a place that you've fallen in love with that's difficult and I'm sure that's where you were when you left SF in the first place.........glad that you're making a full revolution......your hubby must be wonderful
Old 06-02-2008, 07:56 AM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm thinking there is a daddy in SF that is getting more excited with each passing day....Just few more days, and his red-head will be home!!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:50 AM   #35
Executive Chef

Awwww, yes he certainly is UB! He is counting the days just like me! Only 15 days and I'll be sitting in couch on BA drinking my vodka!!

The shippers came today and took our 34 boxes to be boarded on the ship. Its crazy to see your life in boxes and then watch them being taken away!!

The boy took a great picture of them here
our shipment home on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 06-02-2008, 11:58 AM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quite a collection of boxes, redkitty. I can't imagine what everything belonging to Buck and me would look like. When we moved her from Washington, DC 14 years ago, it was an amazing bunch of stuff.

Buck made 9 trips here with a 16-foot box trailer full of stuff each tiime, then we had a major moving company bring the rest of the things we couldn't handle. It was 30 years of combined accumulated "stuff." Don't have to tell you, we won't be moving again.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #37
Executive Chef

We sold all our furniture and other bits and pieces. It's soooo expensive to ship overseas (our shipment is only taking up part of a container, 160csf and cost 1200!) We will basically be slowly starting all over when we get home but neither of us mind. It will be fun to start building our life together in a place we can truly call home!
Old 06-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #38
Executive Chef

I'm so sad. My wonderful neighbor who is in love with my doggy (they are in love with each other) is going on holiday tomorrow for a week. When he gets back Raisin and I leave 2 days later. So he only has one more day to walk her (he walks her 4 days a week) Anywho, he came over tonight to say good bye to her! I about cried, so did he and Raisin started pouting because I know she knows somethings up.

I am thrilled beyond belief to return home but leaving people you care about is so hard. These people have been like family to me since I moved here. I'm so afraid I won't see them again. The boy and I are pretty convinced they will come visit us in SF especially since they have never been to the west coast. I'm sad for him because he is going to miss my sweet Raisin doggy so much. We think he will adopt a doggy soon.

I'm just so sad....but also happy to be going home. Mixed emotions are so hard....
Old 06-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm sorry Miss Kitty....Everything will work out....they'll come see ya and visit with Raisin...Ya'll will have lots of fun in SF...with you showing them the sights!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 04:13 AM   #40
Executive Chef

Thanks UB. Feeling a bit better today.