"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-15-2008, 07:54 PM   #11
Head Chef

sorry for your loss .. we lost a good friend .. brutus ...
he was 13 .. and i know how bad it can make you feel ...

Old 08-15-2008, 09:13 PM   #12
Head Chef

What a beautiful post and way to honor your dog's life. She sounded like a wonderful little dog, I'm sure she knew how much you loved her. I am so sorry for your loss. I am thinking of Bailey tonight and you.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:31 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
I'm sorry for your loss Smoke. It's been 9 years since I put Max (my boxer down).
2 years for Disney (my cat), and I still miss them everyday.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:52 PM   #14
Head Chef

RainbowBridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called RainbowBridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to
RainbowBridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross
RainbowBridge together....
I feel your loss as I have lost my favorite kitty :"Mooky" I still miss him after all these years
Old 08-15-2008, 11:42 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Sorry SmokeKing for the loss of Bailey. I have had to put down five cats since 2000. I still miss them all. Nothing ever lessens the grief but time does allow you to not think about them so much with so much pain.

Bailey is now known and mourned on the other side of the world.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:49 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
I'm so sorry to hear SmokeKing. A lot of us go through this. I hope you find comfort soon.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:50 PM   #17
Head Chef

I believe in the Rainbow Bridge - no God worth his/her salt would fail to include these wonderful companions!

Your heart expanded for her company and now aches for her departure.

My wish for you is that when the time is right you will find another heart to beat with yours and in that way honor her memory as well.

Big hugs from me and Gidgett!
Old 08-16-2008, 12:55 AM   #18
Sous Chef

To all of you who took the time to respond to my post, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Tears stream down my face as I read...and re-read each and every one. I've been praying every day since that awful day (July 7) not really knowing what I was praying for-I just knew I couldn't handle this on my own, so I turned to God.

And I believe that each and every one of you are the answer to those prayers, and I would like to thank you all-you can't begin to imagine how much it means to me.

As I've said on many occasions, the people on DC are special-different than the people who frequent other forums. And even though we've never met, I feel you all make me a better person-and I'll be eternally grateful for knowing you.

Thanks Again-ands may god bless you and yours.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:44 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Oh boy!!!!!!!!!!! I can't see through my tears. I am so very sorry. Remember all the good times and wet kisses. Remember her energy and the joy YOU brought to her life as well has what she brought to yours. Don't get stuck in "that day". That's not fair to her memory - she was so much more than that.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #20
Executive Chef

I also am sorry for your loss it's so hard to lose a beloved pet. I also believe in the Rainbow Bridge. I still cry for my pets that are gone but never forgotten.