"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-13-2008, 10:42 AM   #91
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Thought I'd give everyone an update. I just received a call from Buck at the hospital. Called to tell me he was being taken to the OR to have a pacemaker implanted. He said, during the night last night, they observed his heart stopped beating several times.

I told him I couldn't get there in time. He said not to worry, the procedure is done under local anesthetic. He sounded good.

No history or heart problems, but his heart may have been damaged because of severe sleep apnea many years ago. He's been on a CPAP device for 10 years to treat the apnea.

Thank you, jabbur, your prayer was beautiful. I'm going to have to find an extra reserve of strength somewhere.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:46 AM   #92
Everymom

Just close your eyes Katie and listen to the prayers for strength we are sending to you. May God hold you in the palm of his hand and you feel the blessings of the Holy spirit upon you now.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #93
Certified Cake Maniac

Katie, I am so glad you got to hear that news straight from Buck instead of the nurses. At least you know he is at peace with this idea and I know from several friends and my Grandfather that pacemakers work.

We will be strong for you if you can't be for yourself. Love, prayers and hugs.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #94
Sous Chef

Don't be afraid. The strength will come to you from He who has promised that you will never be asked beyond your strength.
It may not feel like it just now, but it will.
In the last 8 months I have seen our neighbour become totally transformed into a valiant, courageous and totally loving and giving woman in support of her husband of 50 years. ( now disabled for the forseeable future) A clear demonstartion of how He fulfills his promises to us.
If you go into 'automatic pilot' mode, that is a safety valve so don't worry. Your friends here will do all the interceding necessary. You concentrate on keeping healthy, rested ( as much as possible) and hopeful.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:05 AM   #95
Certified Cake Maniac

I agree CSalt. You know a good friend who lost her husband a few years ago said that everyone kept telling her "God never gives you more than you can handle" and she said she learned through that time that "He never gives us more than HE can handle and we are to lean on Him for our strength". I pray that for you Katie.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:12 AM   #96
Senior Cook

I just now found this thread and now I have both of you in my prayers. Glad they found the problem and could fix it. I'll be thinking about you!
Old 06-13-2008, 11:30 AM   #97
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Katie Dear, don't know how I missed this thread until now. I've been praying like crazy all the while scrolling through 10 pages to get up to date.

Sending you lots of hugs and prayers, and hope for a good outcome. Sounds like Buck is in good hands at the hospital, and we know he is in good hands with all the prayers here.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:33 AM   #98
Head Chef

Also just came online for the first time in a few days.. Katie I am so happy that they found what has been happening with Buck - the problem is on it's way to being fixed. We are all keeping you and Buck in our thoughts and praying that everything goes smoothly for Buck to return home in good health. {{Katie}}
Old 06-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #99
Head Chef

Smile Been a while,

Katie, my prayers for Buck and you have been sent. Here's hoping he's back on the porch soon.

Bert

skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:08 PM   #100
Chef Extraordinaire

(((Katie girl))) just found this thread like others.

You guys are in my thoughts. Tell the nurses all they have to do is scratch his furry little head and he will perk right up.

God bless Buck and you and keep you close.