"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-18-2008, 12:56 PM   #361
Sous Chef

Katie- wishing you extra strength during this difficult time for your family. As you feel loved, so surely does Buck. God bless

Old 06-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #362
Senior Cook

Pot clinger, I've only been on this forum for a little while too but it doesn't take long to feel at home here, so don't feel like you're intruding.

Someone walked by my office just now and asked why I looked like I'm about to cry. I couldn't find the words to explain and finding it very hard to type right now.

Katie, I can't find the words but I am thinking about you, Buck and your family and still sending out prayers and good thoughts your way.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:10 PM   #363
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I'm so sorry this has taken an hour but I just got home. Katie called right around 12:00. They have decided to pull everything and she wants everyone to know she can feel our love and arms around her. She is just absolutely heartbroken, I can tell you that for sure! She is so grateful for the generosity of those who have helped monetarily and can't say thank you enough because that is exactly what is needed at this time. She can't thank everyone enough for their prayers also and like I said, she can feel our love. She just kept saying "THANK YOU".

Katie - I know I can speak for everyone here, our hearts are yours right now.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:13 PM   #364
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
I'm so sorry this has taken an hour but I just got home. Katie called right around 12:00. They have decided to pull everything and she wants everyone to know she can feel our love and arms around her. She is just absolutely heartbroken, I can tell you that for sure! She is so grateful for the generosity of those who have helped monetarily and can't say thank you enough because that is exactly what is needed at this time. She can't thank everyone enough for their prayers also and like I said, she can feel our love. She just kept saying "THANK YOU".

Katie - I know I can speak for everyone here, our hearts are yours right now.
Thanks for the update , Kitchenelf... Katie.. I know somewhat of what you are going thru, had to make a similar decision for my mother. ((big hugs)))
LC
Old 06-18-2008, 01:16 PM   #365
Executive Chef

Oh Katie, this is such a hard thing to do. I've been there myself and it is devastating even though you know it is the right course of action. How blessed Buck is to have his family surrounding him when he moves on to the next adventure. And even though your heart is breaking, it is a privilege to stand witness to the passing of another. We are all standing with you and Buck and love you very much.
Terry
Old 06-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #366
Executive Chef

Katie in some ways I feel so far away and yet also very close. This reminds me so much of my grandfather when he went and I really want to say you are in my thoughts & prayers as you go through one of the hardest times in your life.

My love aand strength goes to you.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:28 PM   #367
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
sending you love, Katie.... and peace and light.

It's such a hard decision to make.

BIG hug. my eyes are filled with tears.

G-d love you all.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:29 PM   #368
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Thank you for the update.

Dear Katie, no words can express all I want to say. I have been praying for healing, but as we talked about the other day, this is just another type of healing. Buck will no longer be in pain. I am praying that God will wrap you in His loving arms and help you through this. I pray that He gives you the strength to go on, knowing that Buck is with Him, and that all the wonderful memories you have built up with Buck will put a smile on your face or make you laugh whenever you feel like it is all too much to bear. And remember that we will be there for you as well. We love you.

Barbara
Old 06-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #369
Executive Chef

Oh, Katie. I'm so sorry you had to bring us this update.

Pounding my chest, feeling your pain.

Peace, dear lady.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:18 PM   #370
Master Chef

Can't believe what I'm reading....
Katie, you can be sure, lots of thoughts and prayers are with you at this moment - and with buck.
I wish you all the strength you need to get through this..

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote