Is Water Food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had a science teacher in the fifth grade who explained that. Nice to see it demonstrated that the Coriolis effect actually does work in a body of still water.

We need a number of different things to stay alive, including water, air, and food. Food provides nutrients (fats, proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, etc.) for the body. Air and water do not. There is a difference.

I'm not saying water isn't essential, just that it isn't food.
When we run out of ice, I get a 10 lb bag from the grocery store. It’s called Reddi-Ice, or some such. Two bucks. On the bag it’s printed “Ice is food!” Just saying… It’s not taxed, just like food.

I really don’t know where our water comes from here in Vegas. I know it’s very hard. Mark’s urologist suggested he drink bottled, to avoid getting kidney stones again, but bottled water is no longer in our budget. It doesn’t taste at all bad though!

When I was a kid, we had a water softener at the first house my parents owned. So, the water wasn't drinkable and we got 5 gallon bottles of spring water delivered. I think the dispenser for the water was rented. I have seen those bottles in some grocery stores, for less than CAD 8.-

Back
Top Bottom