ISO help/advice w/Secret Santa gift!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

essjmeha

Assistant Cook
I know it is a bit early, but we picked our secret santas in work today! The only thing i know about my gal is the fact that she loves baking!! I've considered getting her a baking book, but i'm assuming she probably has load already and wouldnt know what she has. I was looking for a cake stand (I know I was probably being optimic with my £10 budget but you never know!!)

http://www.missmatchdesigns.co.uk/cookie-stamper-18-p.aspAny thoughts are really appreciated!!!!:chef:

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome ess.

what about flexible silicone bakeware? a piece or two is usually under $15 or so. (i don't know the keystrokes for gbp :))

Google

One nice idea for a gift would be an inexpensive trifle bowl with the ingredients inside to make a holiday trifle. I got that as a gift once and loved it!

There are some really great silicon tools out there, scrapers, baking sheets, muffin pans, pot holders, all kinds of things made from silicon, quite popular right now. Good luck!

An assortment of press'n seal type wrap, colored plastic wraps, parchment paper and non-stick aluminum foil--for me it's nice to have these things especially through the holidays.(I usually wouldn't buy them for myself.)

A silicone pad for baking in a half sheet pan.

An assortment of milk, semi-sweet, and dark chocolate--for baking, melting and eating.

An assortment of flavored extracts--peppermint, orange or lemon, and almond.

A few vanilla beans with some vodka and a decorative glass jar--to make her own vanilla extract.

A pound of each, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, specialty salt--to top off breads/buns.

That's my Christmas list--send if you want. Thank you :LOL:

blissful said:
An assortment of press'n seal type wrap, colored plastic wraps, parchment paper and non-stick aluminum foil--for me it's nice to have these things especially through the holidays.(I usually wouldn't buy them for myself.)

A silicone pad for baking in a half sheet pan.

An assortment of milk, semi-sweet, and dark chocolate--for baking, melting and eating.

An assortment of flavored extracts--peppermint, orange or lemon, and almond.

A few vanilla beans with some vodka and a decorative glass jar--to make her own vanilla extract.

A pound of each, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, specialty salt--to top off breads/buns.

That's my Christmas list--send if you want. Thank you :LOL:

Oh what a great list Bliss! You really had your thinking cap on'. I want all these things too! And maybe some lovely spices from a specialty store. :)

lol, we're talking $15 and under, ladies.

2 vanilla beans alone is at least half that. and cheap vodka?

or pinches if spice?

lol, never ask a woman about frugal christmas gifts.

Last edited:
You might find a cute or humorous apron. I understand that aprons are becoming popular again so she may appreciate having a new one. New kitchen towels, hot pads, etc can also be a welcome gift for the food lover.

check out amazon for cake and cupcake stands. cupcakes are very popular right now, and a cute stand just shows them off. also try a brand called "french bull" also on amazon, really unique and colorful items. i bought salad servers and bowl from them. don't know what postage might be, though.

Back
Top Bottom