Just claiming some bragging rights I guess...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VickiQ

Sous Chef
:) We're attending an honors convocation at my son Dennis' college tonight-this will be his last one as an undergraduate.He is in all the usual honor societies and fraternities dealing with maths and sciences as well as being on the dean's list since he started college 4 years ago.Tonight he is being awarded for being the only honors student with an accumulative 4.0 GPA for his entire college career in science and math. He is the only one in the past 15 years to recieve this award.I don't know all the particulars but, I will be finding them out tonight.Now if you had asked me -oh about 15 years ago which kid was a handful of my 3 I definitely would have said Dennis without a doubt.He was from the start- a month premature, born with a deformed eustacian tube in his right ear leaving him virtually deaf in that ear and a series of illness -one where he dehydrated in 15 minutes and went flat line-2x when he was 3-miraculously everything except the deafness disappeared after his emergency tonsilectomy when he was 5.Yes he does have a genius IQ but, he was spoiled rotten and stubborn and could have thrown it all away- especially after losing his older brother when he was 15.But he kept going out on that battle field called life and barging through all his obstacles.Do you think I'm a little proud?:blush:

You have every right to be proud. What a wonderful accomplishment! Cheers to Dennis! Give him an "atta boy!" from me Vicky.

Heck yeah you have bragging rights!! Just remember, he wouldn't be where he is without a loving mother!!! Congratulations mom and give him a hug for me!!

What a wonderful accomplishment your son has achieved! He deserves every accolade for his hard work. I have htree of my four children with genious IQ's. But not one of them could achieve a 4/0 in math and science (though I have a couple of 3.6 to 3.8ers who put me to shame).

When your children do well, it is a tribute to both the child and the parent. You have very right to be proud. Congrats to your son, and to you.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Whoa Vicki... I really feel your pride and you have all the rights in the world for it. It brought me one of those moments that I muse about what it may be like to have a son and makes me smile. Congrats to both of you!!:) :) :)

Thank you all.Watching Dennis up on the stage last night with the pres of the college, the dean of mathematics and sciences-I kept seeing him as a little boy- not the young man he is at almost 22.Although he goes to a small private college- there on a full honors scholarship no less-EVERY professor knew him and commented on how well liked he is and how lucky they were to have him.I also never realized my brainiac son was taking math courses as electives!!!Certainly didn't get that from me!!!Thanks again -I hope sharing Dennis' accompliments with you brings you some pride also as being my son makes him a member of the DC family too-I guess. Love and energy, Vicki

Back
Top Bottom