Kittens climbing curtains...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that it is a natural thing for cat's and kitten's to enjoy climbing things, curtains too. My almost 2 year old, Garfield, and yes, big and fat as the tv Garfield, still manages to climb the curtains and then just hang there.

Lol lifesaver... Garfield !

I will try and get / make a few more toys for them before I leave so they don't drive my Mom nuts. I am going to visit Nick as he is away right now for his job. Mom is staying over to keep an eye on all four cats.

Hey, climbing curtains is better than EATING recharger cords.
So far, my Garfield has chomped 3 phone recharger cords, 1 laptop cord,
the automatic litter box cord (2 times), 1 box fan cord and a few others.

An expensive habit indeed, dam cat. ;)

My cats are brazen. I'm sitting next to the curtain they like to climb and they do it while I'm sitting here. Taking them down and saying "no no" just doesn't work. I'm hoping they get too big to pull themselves up soon. BTW, it's nice to know my kittens aren't the only ones who do this.

We had the same problem and found a simple solution: two sided tape.

Buy some two sided tape and stick it to the curtains at about the level they start their climb. When they stand up to climb their paw will stick -- momentarily -- long enough to make them rethink. If your cats are like ours, they'll touch it a few times over a few days and give up. Then the habit's broken.

We also bought them a cat tree and encouraged them to use it.

It worked for our two little bundles of fur. :chef:

I came home today with a new toy.. it's like a carpet cat tunnel (except shorter than a material cat tunnel) and has a pole with three smaller poles (like a tree) that are made of carpet, and they each have a ball and string on the ends. Leo just loves it !

I will post them next week.. I am up late packing tonight, I'm going to visit Nick tomorrow until Sunday.. Mom is going to watch the kitties.

had a cat, Liono, who would hit the kitchen screen outside to be let in (smart cat) and like Pavlov I always let him in so that I didn't have to replace the screen..........well, a few years later we moved to Houston and I was in the process of hanging the screens that the owners had left in the attic.........then I realized what a stupid thing I was doing and put them back in the attic......sure enough the next morning Liono hit the kitchen screen and the look on his face as he slid down the window was priceless. ( laughed until I cried)......he tried 3 more times with no luck............the last time his claws latched onto the sliding portion of the window (well, whatever it's called) and his face said it all........what has happened?????? then he started sitting in front of the large kitchen window and I always let him in.........

for cats on curtains (or anything you don't want them doing) get a large old pan and a spoon and bang loudly......they hate that noise........when you're gone clothespin them up or behind your other curtains........good luck!!!!

Back
Top Bottom