"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-22-2013, 04:48 AM   #51
Executive Chef

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
I often wake up in the middle of the night. Esp on nap days if my mid-day siesta runneth too long. It's a quick way to see what's new without signing in and there is not much activity and I can just look at a glance.

At least on DC, they call you Guest as opposed to sticking your head out the door and checking if the neighbors are still up and have their lights on. ( I think those ((other)) people are called -- Nosy Neighbor). My Neighbors on my North came storming out their back door. What IS He doing !?! I could hear them because their back door is right outside my den window. ( Hissing and seething) Why is his Music sooo loud. Another neighbor on the other side of me farther down the block wasn't even having a party, ( I checked, no cars parked on the street) but their stereo was Blasting like a car a block away with 10 speakers reverbing and bulging the back fenders Thud thud thud on main street on Saturday Night. It wasn't even 10 pm. Most of us on our block settle down earlier in the evening. The other couple is a wee bit younger. Life is normal in so many respects. Given, our old houses are without much insulation/ sound protection and are set on lots very close together. I thought old people were supposed to grow more deaf as they aged. Guess not.

So now we can do lurking on lurking. Sweet. Kool.

I'll have to give it a try some night. I can Wave at BT. I find I can not lurk unless I am signed in. Well, I can lurk but not Lurk. The Quick links don't work unless you identify yourself first. This could be more fun than being in a chat room without chatting back.

I hope you who are in touch with Luca and the Brothers will give them each my best wishes. And hurry back.

I also miss Chef Maloney. I may have started out the gate too quick with him, I think I started kidding him from Day1. I hope he never took anything the wrong way. It is so hard to tell because writing is so black and white and is without inflection and does not show the subjective.

I also have not seen Greg Cooks lately. I hope he is just busy and I may not read all the threads.

whisky, i too thought i had fallen to joking with chef m. too quickly and in too familiar a way. at first, i was confusing him with chef munky, and once i stopped doing that, i continued to think he was a female for some time. lord only knows what inappropriate remarks i made to chef m. before he finally made some male-flavored comment about nancy sinatra's
"boots", sending me straight to his profile page where i confirmed the mistake i had made regarding his gender. he was so easy, maybe too easy, to talk 'stuff' to. what a sense of humor she/he had....:)

in the brief two months he was at dc, chef m. initiated 56 threads at the site!! he left us a wealth of old family recipes, a few of which i made myself with great results.

i am sorry that chef m. is not returning to dc, if that is indeed the case. i did not see anything of a serious nature in his posts to foreshadow his leaving. but then, i am known for being particularly dense when it comes to recognizing signs which are obvious to most ordinary people. it is the obvious which manages to elude me every time....

Old 01-22-2013, 04:59 AM   #52
Executive Chef

Lo siento.
(sorry).

Sometimes when we talk silence is better. On the internet this means hit Pause before hitting Enter. I should Learn this. Is there a Pause button.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:29 AM   #53
Chef Extraordinaire

i don't know if chef maloney will return or not. like i said, i don't know the details. you should pm an admin if necessary.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #54
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
i don't think chef maloney will be back.

Porque?
A quick check of the Members' List--Chef Maloney hasn't left DC. For whatever reasons is not posting. I too hope that Chef Maloney starts sharing recipes, etc., again.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #55
Chef Extraordinaire

i don't think that the members list is always accurate.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #56
Head Chef

Anyway I miss the Kray Twins .
Old 01-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #57
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
i did not see anything of a serious nature in his posts to foreshadow his leaving.
That's because the posts / threads are deleted.

We are fed by a food industry which pays no attention to health, and healed by a health industry that pays no attention to food - Wendell Berry
Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #58
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
A quick check of the Members' List--Chef Maloney hasn't left DC. For whatever reasons is not posting. I too hope that Chef Maloney starts sharing recipes, etc., again.
I believe Whiskadoodle is correct that Chef Maloney won't be back - at least based on the last post that I saw from him, which had a decidedly negative tone (as BT mentioned). Suffice it to say I won't go into further details.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #59
Certified Cake Maniac

Hey, everyone, this thread is supposed to be about Luca. There is an MIA thread where we can ask about people, state that we will be gone for awhile, etc.

I am just thinking that if Luca is lurking (I do it too here and other places if I am not up to posting and want to know how things are going with others) and sees that his thread is hijacked, he may not want to post. But that's just MHO.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #60
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Hey, everyone, this thread is supposed to be about Luca. There is an MIA thread where we can ask about people, state that we will be gone for awhile, etc.

I am just thinking that if Luca is lurking (I do it too here and other places if I am not up to posting and want to know how things are going with others) and sees that his thread is hijacked, he may not want to post. But that's just MHO.
I agree. If you are missing a member, send them a PM, exchange email addresses, or check the MIA thread.