Man has heart attack at The Heart Attack Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As Greg stated, my arteries were clogged long before I had my bypass surgery. Clogged arteries start in childhood. And yet I don't think there are many children eating a Bypass Burger in the establishment. It is not the responsibility of the owner to teach good healthy eating habits. That starts in childhood with the parents.

Unfortunately for me and those of my age, we didn't have the knowledge of nutrition that we have today. First the Depression, then rationing of meat during WWII. When that was lifted, my generation went crazy eating meat that wasn't available during our growing up years. Drive-in were popping up all over the place. Burgers, FF and a soda was the meal of the day. There were Arnold's and Richie Cunningham's all over the country. :chef:

Maybe in that era there wasn't the knowledge of nutrition that we have today, but despite everything we now know about nutrition people still insist on eating poor diets, eating the wrong foods, eating too much food, supersizing everything (including their butts). Knowledge may have changed but human nature stays the same. Actually I get the impression that people today are eating worse than ever.

At 8,000 calories, that's just plain revolting. Four days worth of calories in a single sitting.

I met someone that eats around that in a daily way.

Of course he won Olympic gold, several of them and only eats like that during training. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom