"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

As Greg stated, my arteries were clogged long before I had my bypass surgery. Clogged arteries start in childhood. And yet I don't think there are many children eating a Bypass Burger in the establishment. It is not the responsibility of the owner to teach good healthy eating habits. That starts in childhood with the parents.

Unfortunately for me and those of my age, we didn't have the knowledge of nutrition that we have today. First the Depression, then rationing of meat during WWII. When that was lifted, my generation went crazy eating meat that wasn't available during our growing up years. Drive-in were popping up all over the place. Burgers, FF and a soda was the meal of the day. There were Arnold's and Richie Cunningham's all over the country.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #22
Executive Chef

Maybe in that era there wasn't the knowledge of nutrition that we have today, but despite everything we now know about nutrition people still insist on eating poor diets, eating the wrong foods, eating too much food, supersizing everything (including their butts). Knowledge may have changed but human nature stays the same. Actually I get the impression that people today are eating worse than ever.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #23
Master Chef

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
At 8,000 calories, that's just plain revolting. Four days worth of calories in a single sitting.
I met someone that eats around that in a daily way.

Of course he won Olympic gold, several of them and only eats like that during training.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #24
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankZ View Post
I met someone that eats around that in a daily way.

Of course he won Olympic gold, several of them and only eats like that during training.

lol!

Tags
grill