"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-30-2007, 12:56 PM   #1
Hospitality Queen

McDonald's fries getting a makeover

FOXNews.com - McDonald's Picks New Trans Fat-Free Oil for French Fries - Business And Money | Business News | Financial News

Old 01-30-2007, 01:01 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I want the fries like they were when I was a kid! If one is going to eat McDonald's anything, or anything fast food, then they aren't really thinking "healthy" anyway. We used to think of it as a treat.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:06 PM   #3
Hospitality Queen

I think it's really sad that "people in charge" of various restaurants believe that grown people have the inability to just not eat too much.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:29 PM   #4
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to BigDog Send a message via Yahoo to BigDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkath
I think it's really sad that "people in charge" of various restaurants believe that grown people have the inability to just not eat too much.
It is sad, but it is the case. Moderation is a difficult word for many (including myself sometimes) to implement in eating habits. Then again, it is not necessarily only that causing the problem. I think in general, Americans are getting more and more lazy/inactive. Even for simple stupid stuff of yester-year, like changing the channel on the television. Now, I'm not saying you were getting a ton of exercise back when there weren't remote controls, but you were at least moving, even if barely. If that little task is too hard to do, heaven forbid ever having to walk, jog, run, lift, or some more strenuous activity.

Like I said, I'm point the finger at myself as much as anyone else. I look at my youth, when I was rarely in front of the television and constantly outside, in all weather short rain! Granted the temps didn't get as low in MA as they do here in MN. I can speak from experience it is hard to break these habits. Though it doesn't seem like much, changes like these being made can only help. Maybe barely help, but many need every little bit they can get.