Move Over Dragon's Breath we NOW have Pepper X!!! 3.18 Million SHU!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is it with that? Why do they seem to feel that there is any benefit to the "our sauce is hotter than your sauce" race? Beyond a certain point, hot is just hot, with no additional flavor to add any real value to a dish. I can get hot from several different sources, but I prefer a hot sauce or seasoning that has good flavor to go with moderate heat. We have sriracha, Frank's, and a couple of bottles of what in the Bahamas is called Goat Pepper Sauce, made on the island where we used to live, and it has a serious burn to it, but good flavor and is okay when used in moderation.

I keep a shaker of ghost pepper salt in the pantry for when I need to add heat without changing taste. Red pepper flakes also work for that, and I'm in control of the flavors that go with the heat.

I also keep a bottle of Famous Dave's Devil's Spit barbecue sauce in the fridge that I mix into other sauces to adjust the heat level, depending on my mood and the preferences of my guests, if any. That stuff is too hot for me straight, but it does have good flavor and can pep up a more pedestrian sauce.

RPC, I think for some people it is a challenge, or something you eat just to say you ate it. I don't get it, myself. Now, as I type this post, I am munching on some jalepeño poppers, but that is plenty of heat, for me. I ate a Ritz cracker with a dime-size dab of some ridiculously strong hot sauce once. I have no desire to ever do that again.

CD

Back
Top Bottom