"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-07-2012, 02:30 AM   #271
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
your list includes many of my favorites too. but, huey lewis and the news? hall and oates? really? how about you put a song or two out here for us to have a fresh listen....?
Oh, c'mon, lol, it's the eptome of the 80's best/worst, lol!

Old 04-07-2012, 02:35 AM   #272
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
And now for something completely different:

Sound Tribe Sector 9, one of my faves. Also known as STS9. They have been big on the festival scene for years, and are just a really tight electronica/jam/funk type of band. Kinda along the lines of Particle, Lotus, and even a little bit of Disco Biscuits.

Super duper funky

Old 04-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #273
Executive Chef

[QUOTE=TATTRAT;1126989]Oh, c'mon, lol, it's the eptome of the 80's best/worst, lol!

[/QU

...just as i remembered him. and sorry, i didn't at all mean to be mean....
Old 04-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #274
Senior Cook

I would love to give you a link but my only internet access is this phone & I'm not that electronically inclined. The best I can do is name my favorite Huey Lewis song which is "I want a new drug" & Hall and Oats - It's really hard to choose, i like all of them but I guess "Adult Education". I can't help myself. I find a lot of joy in almost any music that is playing. When I was growing up in the eighties (obviously) I was not allowed to listen to whatever I wanted to until I got my driver's license. I think that is why I love the wide variety of music that I do. I think all music is an artists gift and they all have a special place in life and I want to explore as many different styles with as much artistic variety and an open mind for as long as I live. I even like a lot of music with questionable lyrics that I dare not post so as not to offend anyone.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #275
Executive Chef

hadn't heard of sts9 until now--not sure how far i can follow electronics, but i love the way sts9 music washes over me in some of the pieces, like waves of the ocean...then, too, the pulsating, sometimes frenetic beat that crashes and crashes, and won't be denied....
Old 04-09-2012, 02:51 AM   #276
The Dude Abides

Ok, so, first go HERE, now hit play below:

Relax. Enjoy.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #277
Chief Eating Officer

Great thanks a lot Tatt. Now I am doing to have to go to the rain site every time I listen to music. That was just awesome!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #278
Executive Chef

rainy day + stan getz is a blissfully hypnotic mood massage. thanks so much!
Old 04-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #279
Executive Chef

omg i heard a great new sound yesterday watching late night tv--a bluesy rock band called alabama strikes. they have this obese, middle-aged female lead singer with the raw passion and soul sound of janis joplin--just phenomenal! they have a debut album coming out soon. is anyone here familiar with this group or know something about its origins?

to check them out, have a listen to their you ain't alone, or hold on--guaranteed to knock your rockin socks off.... :)
Old 04-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #280
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
omg i heard a great new sound yesterday watching late night tv--a bluesy rock band called alabama strikes. they have this obese, middle-aged female lead singer with the raw passion and soul sound of janis joplin--just phenomenal! they have a debut album coming out soon. is anyone here familiar with this group or know something about its origins?

to check them out, have a listen to their you ain't alone, or hold on--guaranteed to knock your rockin socks off.... :)
Never heard. I googled and nothing came up. Sounds interesting. Love Southern rock. Check these guys out, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6EALPEYBt3E