Music while you work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacambece

Assistant Cook
Currently i work at the cambece law firm and i can listen to music while i work. i worked at a fe resturants and that was my favorite part about the job, we must have played 1200 different songs and it got us pumped to cook. does anyone else listen to tunes when they do there job.

Cambece

I sure do. That is one of the things I still enjoy about my job is that I am able to listen to music. I

no music here. i can't concentrate on things if i have music, especially the lyrics in my head.
besides, there is almost always a tv on somewhere in every room. most of the times, multiple tv's.

so, what do you listen to at dewey, cheatham, and howe, umm, i mean the cambece law firm? :)

edited to add: i do know what you mean about music getting you pumped. i used to inline speed skate a lot, with my cd player going. i'd have to be careful listening to aggressive music like "rage against the machine". you get angry and pumped up, and run down nuns going for a walk in the park.
"i'm sorry sister, but get the f*^&* over to the right side of the path!!!"

then one day, i ran into sister bertrille (sally field), and she whooped my butt.

Last edited:
hmmm, a laboratory in germany.

i'm guessing "toccata en fugue", right?

"it is aliiiiiiive"

I have no idea waht you mean, bucky ;o))
that is surely not German.... :cool:

I work in a chemistry laboratory and I hate it

lol, just making a little frankenstein joke cara.

tocatta en fugue was from j.s. bach. you'd know it if you heard it.

that might be true, I've heard of Mister Bach before... *lol*
but I never know what they are called.. ;o))

I must admit, I prefer Beethoven ;o)

I have a cd player in my office. I listen to all kinds of music depending on what I am working or concentrating on. But mostly I listen to classical, new age, country, or rock. What kind of music I listen to depends also on the mood I am in.

I made a soul mix of oldies to play on my iPod........Oh, Girl, Baby I'm Yours, Hello Stranger, Please Mr. Postman etc. I'm very "old school".

Sometimes I will put some music on low while the kids are working, but most of the time, I can't really listen to music at work. Sometimes during my planning period I listen, but usually my planning period is almost non-existent. Once the kids leave, if I am going to be there for awhile, I will listen to music.

:) Barbara

cartwheelmac said:
I can listen to Classical music during school.

Cameron

cam, that's actually a very good idea. ask to listen to certain composers like bach's canons, and anything from tchaikovsky. bach will help you develop your mathematical mind, good for when you get to theoretical physics someday. and tchaikovsky flows well, helping you to continue studying when you otherwise might get distracted.

Back
Top Bottom