"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-02-2009, 11:53 PM   #111
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
babe...big cyber hug coming your way. There are no words...just know we're all here.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:37 AM   #112
Chef Extraordinaire

babe,
I know and understand, please take care of yourself,Wallie just might need your help one day..Stay as loving as you are, she might not be able to say anything but she knows.
hugs,
kades

Old 07-03-2009, 01:41 AM   #113
Executive Chef

Old 07-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #114
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Babe: sending you hugs and good thoughts... I come here every day to check on you and see how Wallie is doing. Still praying for the best.

Wallie is lucky to have you for a friend.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:47 PM   #115
Chef Extraordinaire

thank you so much , june. everyone is so kind and i don't feel so alone .
babe
Old 07-04-2009, 06:48 AM   #116
Sous Chef

Sweetie, you shouldn't have to ever feel alone as long as you have the whole DC community as part of your family.

Bob
Old 07-05-2009, 11:18 PM   #117
Chef Extraordinaire

a very small sign of getting better. everything is still hooked up. her daughter says wallie wrote her name for the p.t. and gave her, the daughter a great big smile. she said she was out of it yesterday and she feared they were sedating her to make her easier to care for. come hell or high water i am going up this week. first i have to take care of seeing the doctor for myself. my knees are simply not feeling better and my left knee keeps buckling on me. the fall i took last week when it did that is making my whole leg hurt, all the way from knee to buttock. just not going away. so off i go to the doc. i want meds. lol. over the counter stuff is not working. as dorothy parker said, getting old is not for sissys

i will hold my thoughts about wallie til i see her, we have been here before twice.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:16 AM   #118
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
a very small sign of getting better. everything is still hooked up. her daughter says wallie wrote her name for the p.t. and gave her, the daughter a great big smile. she said she was out of it yesterday and she feared they were sedating her to make her easier to care for. come hell or high water i am going up this week. first i have to take care of seeing the doctor for myself. my knees are simply not feeling better and my left knee keeps buckling on me. the fall i took last week when it did that is making my whole leg hurt, all the way from knee to buttock. just not going away. so off i go to the doc. i want meds. lol. over the counter stuff is not working. as dorothy parker said, getting old is not for sissys

i will hold my thoughts about wallie til i see her, we have been here before twice.
Babe - That's some pretty good news about your friend, and I hope Wallie continues on a positive path, but now you have me worrying about you. Getting older may not be for the faint of heart, but it certainly keeps those that love them, concerned about them.

Please keep giving us the updates.

Bob
Old 07-06-2009, 06:53 AM   #119
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post

You're right about getting old is not for sissys!!
Keep strong for you & your friend Babe...we're a long way away, but you're with us every day!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:05 AM   #120
Assistant Cook

Sorry to know that you are going to miss your friend. Try to gift some of her favorite things. Try to give her all the cheers you can like write about some shared moments.