My reason for Leaving (Laurie's Story)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Laurie, as you unofficial ma I love you dearly and miss you so much. I haven't written as I felt it important to let you rest and regain your strength. You are very dear to me and I want you to know your health and life at home with Tony and your dad are of the utmost importance. Take care sweetie and know all of us here at DC love you so much and want out old loving Laurie back when it is possible.
Take care LP
ma

LP,
I know this won't be a forever thing. Your doing the right thing " for yourself."
The coffee is always brewing at my house, and here at DC. Your always welcome to stop by and have a cup with me.
If you ever get to Cali, we can nab Ma and meet up at Phils.

All the best. Get better soon :)
Munky... C.

Hi Everyone,
First of all, I want to say I have been moved to tears by all of your replies. I have copied and pasted them and will print them so I can look at them when I need some inspiration which is often.

I was sharing with Katie that through my group I have had to make a very strict schedule of tasks, rest, "rewards", etc. and how they affect my pain and fatigue. Sitting at the computer is a bad one so I am limiting myself for the short term to an hour a week which is 10 minutes Monday to Saturday and none Sunday. This includes email, Facebook (yes, you can get me there) and anything non internet. It is harsh, but I will work up from that. It is just to help establish patterns that will work well in the long run.

I really do miss it here but I know that what I am doing is what is best. I am learning so much about myself and what works and doesn't. The medication change is not going the best but I am toughing it out best I can. I would really appreciate positive thoughts, prayers, whatever you have, on that one.

I probably won't check in here again for a long while - it will defeat the purpose of "giving it up" but wanted to thank you for your kind words and let you know that I am okay.

Hi Laurie, I know you said you won't be checking this for a while but I still had to respond.

I'm sorry to hear about all the pain you're going thru with your illness. You just never know what lies beyound the monitors when you're chating with people. I pray that you get the relief you're so yearning for.

I hope when you are better that you do come back. I'm still quite new here but I have appreciated your comments. Hope to see ya posting again soon...but improvement to your health first.. :).

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to pop in to wish all my dear U.S. friends a Happy Thanksgiving.

My health concerns are still in the forefront as I had to delay my pain clinic visits until the next session in January or March. I contracted a very severe infection in my kidneys about 2 months ago and have gone through several different treatments with no results until now - I go for IV antibiotic treatments every day for two weeks. I am finished next Monday and am just now starting to feel better. But through is all I have been able to keep a very positive attitude. I have felt your thoughts and prayers big time.

I miss you all so very much and hope that one of these days I will be able to sit at the computer enough to pop in on a more regular basis.

Oh, please have some turkey for me - these treatments have played havoc with my eating and I am unable to eat any form of meat. I love turkey dinners!

Hi Laurie. It's great to hear from you and that your infection is clearing up.

We really miss you here and look forward to the day you return. In the meantime, know we love you and wish the best for you.

I sure have missed you Laurie!! I had really hoped the news would be better about your health, and you were fit to play again.:( How I wish you had a lap top so you could sit in a recliner and Discuss Cooking!! I'm keeping good thoughts for you and your health issues, and thanks so much for checking in. :flowers:

It is so good to hear from you, Thanks for checking in.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you, Ken and your Dad.

Love and Hugs, Back!

Thanks, Princess, but Ken is still with Barbie I think. But I will be happy to pass on the message to Tony ;):LOL:

No Ken is with Alix...duh, when I have blonde moments, I really have Blonde Moments. Extra hugs for Tony! Hopefully that's my last mistake for the day, I still have to start dinner.

Laurie, so glad to hear from you today. I hope things continue to improve. We've missed you around here. Hugs to you!

You two live in the same area, just on the opposite sides of the border. We have Montana Border Control, makes it hard to sneak across:

Attachments

• montana_border_patrol.jpg
    montana_border_patrol.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 136

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom